Anyone up for this challenge?

Blunderer

Reaction score
I am gong river fishing on the 27th and 28th of December and a mate and I will be making it a festive-themed outing.
Tinsel on the rod rests, santa hats on, mince pies for tea etc.
We are going to use genuine festive baits, using the slightly warped logic that if we can get the fish in festive mood they will be easier to catch. Besides, it should be a laugh.
We are going to hair-rig a sausage wrapped in bacon and also try a feeder ful of stuffing with some turkey on the hook. My mate even says he is going to make a batch of Xmas pudding boilies.
I will report back my results in January. I throw down the gauntlet to all FM posters.....can anyone else catch on a Christmas bait?!?!?

S

Steve King

Sounds good Paul - I particularly like the idea of the hair rigged sausage wrapped bacon! What festive barbel or chub could resist that?

Perhaps using a cranberries as a roach bait could work? Maybe a bread sauce cloud groundbait would prove attractive?

I'll try and give it a go.

L

Les Clark

Bluderer,Hopefully I will be going pikeing on the 27 & 28th,what should I use ?
Maybe sardine sarnie`s,smoked salmon,anchovy on toast,pie and mash ?
LoL. Merry Xmas and good luck!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I go fishing every year on Christmas morning. Not sure about the tinsel. Although, can you get it in camou?

S

Steve King

I don't think cammo tinsel is available but you could make your own!

Other festive baits - maybe a hair rigged sprout? (on second thoughts perhaps not!!)