Do you ever dream about a fish or fishing???

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
My roach challenged hasn't resumed yet, but the dreams have started again! Two nights ago I had a weird dream. I was fishing with someone, can't remember who? The person hooked a fish, the water was crystal clear, the landing net was in the water at full stretch prepared for a fish. As the fish was being played we realised it was a big roach, it put up a hell of a fight and the landing net stayed led down in the water. The fish came over the net and broke the line as it did a nose dive into the net that was resting on the bottom. I did a full dive to grab the handle and lift the net and did indeed lift it in time to capture the fish. It went on the scales and went well over 2, but that is where the dream ended.....

Weird or what!!!

Bluenose

Reaction score
After I've had a long session on the float when I am drifting off to sleep I 'see' the float going under again and startle myself awake by striking.

Rickrod

Reaction score
So is that the nearest you've got to a 2lber....?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It was probably Wendi :eek:

I've taught her well, she showed me how to catch barbel on the Wye last week.....

Not long now Rickrod and it will start again, I'm 3oz off and I've seen a 2.08 in the flesh, not mine though :-(

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I often dream of fishing and my other usual dream is of playing rugby - sadly that now a dream since the knee went

When I'm fishing in my dreams I'm always catching small fish never any big uns

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I must be really weird because all i dream about is Naked Women and strange Clothing and even stranger Pastimes ........... I guess i'm just weird :eek:

frippe

Reaction score
Just last night I dreamt I was returning a chub, cant remember catching it though.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Phewwwwwwwwwww,

In my defence though, there is sometimes an Aquarium in the BackGround casting it's bright light, and dancing reflections on to the Mirrored Walls and Ceiling.

barla

Reaction score
Hi All,

I find this an interesting topic as recently after i have being trudging the local waters to me for tench i had the most awesome, yet awry dream!

It started off as i was fishing alone under a brolley with the rain pouring down... I was fishing the stick float with light tackle for the species i was targeting.. (you'll realise how i know this info once the story unravels). After observing the float for what seemed like an eternity it rose 1/2" out the water then took off. I struck and hooked into a stonker!.. After fighting with it for an unknown period of time (I was asleep after all!) the fish began jumping clean out the water; similar to a dolphin at the shows you go to abroad! As it did, the colouring of the fish was like nothing i had seen before. It started as a distinctive gold colour at the tail and gradually faded to black near the head... Then, i don't know how the fish was landed or who indeed landed it but it was in the net on top of my unhooking mat and was definately a tinca! I unhooked the fish and as soon as the hook was free, it flapped vigorously until it reached the water edge and flopped back into the pool.

Weird? I think so!

Barla

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Nearer the truth than even I imagined!

FishingMagic Christmas Special 2009 - The Last 2lb Roach - FishingMagic Online Fishing Magazine.

A couple of predictive fishing dreams stick in my memory: the first was dreaming of making a move from one local river to another when I was 14 to catch a 1-9 roach to clinch the roach cup, later the same day remembering it and making the move to catch a 1-10-8 roach that did win the cup. The second was a nightmare where I drew peg 472 on the Nene in a National and struggled for a bite - 2 hours later drew that same peg (out of a possible 880+ pegs), had a nightmare first 20 minutes then settled down and caught well to finish 3rd in section and the team was 4th.

More recently I get recurring dreams of being back in the office but wanting to leave because I know I shouldn't be there.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
After I've had a long session on the float when I am drifting off to sleep I 'see' the float going under again and startle myself awake by striking.

I sometimes doze off whilst watching my float and wake with start as I begin to dream that I've got a bite. Usually the float is just sitting there though, having not moved an inch.

I don't really remeber dreams often but my strangest ones are:

Dreaming that looking out of my bedroom window one night at my mum's (only it wasn't laid out like my mum's house and I don't live there either), I saw a UFO hovering over the back garden.

It was incredibly real and I awoke with a genuine feeling of amazement and shock as if it had been a genuine event. It took a good five minutes before I was able to relax and calm down.

The other saw me watching an old friend doing his F1 qualifying lap from the pits, he did a stonking lap time but was disqualified because he went round the track the wrong way by accident. He's not an F1 driver by the way and I don't even really watch F1 either.

gentle

Reaction score
I had a dream my old ma won the world fly fishing championships. When I confronted her about her secret fly fishing aptitude she asked what bait you used to catch flies.....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Apart from this, which has little to do with actual fishering, The only other time I can think of was when pike fishing once.

It was a cold February and my deads were out in the lake both motionless and uninteresting to any passing pike. I felt the old eyelids getting heavier and heavier until at some point they must have closed permanently.

However, the dream of the reality of sitting behind the buzzers must have continued right up to the point where I had a run. The buzzer was screaming its head off and I jumped up, grabbed the rod and hit the bite -

Only to find that I'd had no bite at all. It was all just a dream, apart from jumping up and grabbing to rod etc.

I looked around at the other pikers who seemed to have not noticed my moment of action, so I recast the dead and sat back to wait for a real bite this time.

Reaction score
I sometimes doze off...

The king of understatement as ever Paul! LOL! :j

I have a re-occuring dream about being in a castle/ fortess (Tomb Raider-style) and the moat is full of big mahseer and arapaima.

Unfortunately I'm always too busy solving the problem of how to escape before I get the chance to wet a line.

On several occassions I've said to my 'compatriots' (no idea who they are) that I'm staying for a fish... but they always persuade me that we're pursued by something and I should really get my ar*e in gear and run...

Anxiety dream I would guess, but even asleep I make a note on my 'map' (LOL!) and vow to return later with suitable tackle :)