fishing new year resolutions

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i`m always making fishing new year resolutions,you know the thing--what species i`m gonna try and target next year and what waters i`m gonna fish,what method i`m determined to master etc....for the past 3 years,ive planned on having a go for the catfish in my local boating lake that no one has successfully landed but in the end i never bother!!!i`ve always said i`m gonna have a bash at pike fishing but as usual,i never bother!!!
well fingers crossed i`ll be attending budgies pike fish in/teach in this coming january,so thats sorted...
so come on gents and ladies whats your angling plans/resolutions for the coming year???

alan

Reaction score
to catch a cod, and a smutt from the shore.
got a place lined up for the smutts,and will be going on a charter for the cod next year.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Fishing a new stretch of the Ribble and catching a double Barbel/Bream/Carp and a 7Ib Chub from the river.

L

Laurie Harper

To actually go fishing... Have been working most of the hours God sends this year. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Colin Smith 3

Reaction score
To get on the river more often, even though I know I will catch more from the clubs stillwaters.

S

swordsy

learn how to drive, catch a 14lb barbel, shag britney and christina, finally catch a trent twenty------oh, bol*ox i fell asleep in my cereal again!

Blunderer

Reaction score
To always turn off my antireverse when margin fishing for carp. Lost several fish because of this this year.

To always fish at least four spots when barbel fishing. Too easy to think - I can't leave yet - they are bound to move in.

To always cast to bubblers/rolling fish.

If in doubt - recast!

To always carry spare batteries.

Always check waders for holes

Always bring your sleeping bag

All of the above are resolutions based on mistakes made this year.

I

Ian Whittaker 1

Same as last year and to make sure I continue to enjoy it all . To catch a ribble cat would top it for me though.

E

EC

To sort my gear out so that I can just 'get up and go' without having to root about to get it in order.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I sorted my gear out over the last few days Eddie, and it paid off, I had two nice chub this evening.
All I want is to catch a chub on New Years Day, I'll take the rest as it comes.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I shall be trying to catch a Double figure Barbel - which means more visits to the Trent instead of the pretty rivers.

Pb. Tench (can't tell you what my current pb is as it's embarrassing)

To enjoy my fishing even more than I have this year, if that's possible.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you are interested, Cochybondu books are selling the book (In Persuit Of Big Tench) by Len Arbery for ?4.50. (hardback).
There was a very slight problem in the shrink wrapping of the dust cover, which is hardly noticeable anyway. Usual price is ?19.95.