carp waters in lincolnshire+yorkshire

B

Ben Hibbert

does anyone know of any decent ponds in these areas cheers xx

D

Dave Silvers

Ben
I,m not sure where you are or how far you want to travel, Yorkshire's a bloody big place.
Not fished it myself but Selby 3 Lakes has had some good write ups. If you don,t mind a trip down the A1 the Newark area is stuffed with good waters. The A1 Gravel pits at Muskham (about 7 pits and a stretch of the Trent) can be seen from the A1, Cromwell Lake (again adjacent to A1) and Sapphire Lakes At Norwell are all well worth a visit.

A

Andy Blessett

The OASIS ponds at North Somercotes on the A1031 just north of Mablethorpe(Lincs)is pretty good. Method feeder is the favoured approach. SYCAMORE LAKES at Burgh-le-Marsh on the A158 just outside Skegness(Lincs). Elsham Village top pond near Brigg(Lincs) has a decent stock. I hope this is of help.

A

Andy Blessett

I've just thought of some more! Butters Wood at Goxhill,(near Thornton Abbey) and there's some good ponds in Barton-on Humber,(take the road that goes past Kimberly-Clarks factory on the East side of the Humber Bridge). These are all N.E.Lincs.

J

Jennifer Turnbull

Woodland lakes at Carlton Minniott near Thirsk is a good venue. There are 11 lakes in all. All well stocked with a variety of carp, roach, chubb, tench and barbel. I,ve caught some good fish there and would recommend it.