Molasses for barbel/chub?

ByNasty

Reaction score
I'm currently thinkin about a couple of options for my barbel campaign along the lines of trout pellet paste. I know trout pellet paste made with molasses has a history for carp and tench but has anyone out there used molasses for barbel or chub? Also thinking of the same but using liver whacked through a blender added to trouties. Again any views?

jp

Reaction score
The eels are gonna love ya liver; with a nice Chianti and some Fava beans.

ByNasty

Reaction score
Pleased to see the usual amount sense coming through the forum! Been reading some of the bait box posts, nearly p****d myself laughin. Haven't had any trouble with eels there yet on meat or worms. Reckon it could work?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
The liver could attract the Chub. I am considering mixing it with some liquidised bread in the blender to make a liver bread paste. Only problem is i keep frying up the liver with some onions.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Mix it with mashed potato and gravy

ByNasty

Reaction score
I had heard liver is good for chub and I figure meaty = Barbel as well.Tried making breadpaste before using gravy and oxo. It was crap! Mind you I had to break the bread up by hand so the lumps didn't help.

ByNasty

Reaction score
ed, for the mash potato do you mix it using milk and butter or do the fish seem to prefer it made with full cream?! bet its a bugger to keep on the hook.