Nice to see some genuine enthusiasm!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
In this week's Angling Times Will Raison goes fishing for big bream which is a first for him. He does very well but what made the article for me was that despite his experience and skill and the fact that angling is pretty much a full time job for him his enthusiasm shone through. This may partly be because big fish angling was something very different from the pressured match scene but also because it was the more usual big fish angling where experienced big fish anglers fish known good waters and have seen it all before.

Son of Meldrew

Reaction score
In this week's Angling Times Will Raison goes fishing for big bream which is a first for him. He does very well but what made the article for me was that despite his experience and skill and the fact that angling is pretty much a full time job for him his enthusiasm shone through. This may partly be because big fish angling was something very different from the pressured match scene but also because it was the more usual big fish angling where experienced big fish anglers fish known good waters and have seen it all before.

Very well put, Mark - and I would think it was a nice change from stuffing a net with one-a-minute tatty-finned torn-lipped match-size carp from some overstocked muddy puddle! Fishing for big bream on proper waters is harder than carp fishing any day. I've hooked more big carp while big bream fishing than the other way round...