Go out

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

I get the impression that some members of this site don't go fishing as often as they give the impression they do.

For me, at this time of the year, I look at the weather forecast and when it looks good, I book in somewhere and take myself off for a few days.

Nothing to beat a bit of winter fishing when the weather is mild. I'm off tommorrow for a couple of days after river roach.

So come chaps, get yourself out of the house for a few days. Bugger the missus, let her stew in her own juice, get out on that river bank.

We have a few fabulous days of fishing comong up.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I went today and had a nice couple of chub. I love these winter chub, 1.5 and 3.5 they look in perfect condition.
I spent four hours perfecting a hooklink until I got it how I wanted it. It is nothing special, quick and easy to tie up, even on the bank. Tomorrow might be a bit iffy for me, but I'll be out again on Saturday.

L

liamangler

i can't go fishing :(:(:(
saving up to go to america to do some fishing over there for a couple of weeks :)

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Ron, there are some unlucky souls out there who have to work when they're told to. Or do family stuff.

Glad I'm not one of them. I postponed two appointments I had planned for tomorrow so I can go fishing instead!

B

Bill Cox

Went today Ron, first time for almost two months.Caught a 12lb carp and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Bugger the missus"

I'm glad 'er indoors don't read these threads. It might be common practice up in Yorkshire, especially with ewes, but down here it's missionary only !

T

The Surgeon

Ron
If you go fishing that often how can you post so often?
Do you have a bankside hydroelectric powered PC?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I stay with friends who have PCs

Sometimes the Hotel I stay in has a PC.

M

Malcolm Bason

I think you have him Surgeon!!!

Me? I'd planned a couple of 24/48hr sessions, unfortunately have a throat/chest infesction, as much as I can do to sit in front of this thing all day winding people up! LOL

E

Eric Hayes

I thought it would be a good with the steadily rising temperature over the last few days so yesterday I went on the Ribble, 5 Barbel 4 Chub, Not bad for the end of December. Today would be better but it put a lot of water down last night so swims will be limited.

If it doesn?t rain too much today or tonight and as long as the temperature doesn?t fall to quick I?ll be having a look new year?s day.

D

Darryl Rogers 2

hey ron some of the best fishing is to be add on the trent this time of year and i do go 3 times a week

alan

Reaction score
spent 12 hours wednesday through to thrusday on a boat, going tomorrow with the kids.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Ron,
Hope the Idle roach fed; the Stour settled today to 15" up and still well coloured but fishable. Better still, the roach fed :eek:) with a couple of big 'uns, all on the bread.

Only other angler checking out the river was Alan Rawden from Nottingham.

N

NottmDon

I can go fishing whenever I want........and I have my wifes permission to say so! lmfao!!

C

Chris Bishop

Two or three times a week this time of year, I'd go every day if I could.

Reaction score
Hi Ron how are you? its been a while since I last posted.

Got myself a new buddy ( big black pup ) so my old fishing has come to an end at the moment. Next year we are joining just 2 clubs, well 1 club and 1 syndicate instead of the 4 I'm in at the moment.
Lost the how do you say it 'passion'in the last year.

W

Wolfman Woody

We'll get it back for you Stu.

Just have to get a big white transit for that animal of yours.

Then there's Stephen and the tackle. Will a Transit do it? :eek:)