Help from the older generation

Bruce Kerby

Reaction score
Hi all, first off, Happy New year to all and good luck for 2005.An old centre pin has come into my way and id like to know a bit more about it and seeing as the site has its fair share of golden oldies i was wondering if anyone might help :)Its made by Mordex Preccision Industries of Sheffield and from what i can make out its called Merlin . Any information would be very gratefully recieved.

W

William Spencer

bruce.might i suggest you contact mr clay,who at this time of year is targetting roach on the river idle.a most useful item of tackle is a pin on a river.ron does invite alcomers.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Err well!

On the Idle I do prefer a closed faced reel, which is far superior when you are trotting in a line near to the other bank.

'Pins are fine when all you have to do is lets the tackle go directly downstream. And they are a swine when you have a dense patch of trees behind you as I did have today.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
They're BRILLIANT in parrot-cage swims because you don't need to bring the rod behind you to cast! Sometimes they're too good; I've happily fished for and hooked fish before realising I couldn't bring the rod up far enough to net them! I imagine the sight of someone trying to manouevre a float rod by its middle, while reaching out at full stretch with a landing net, both tangled in the vegetation, is mildly comical; fortunately I had no audience. Just a smallish chub with the giggles!