TFG "CLASSIC" rod range ??

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of the TFG "CLASSIC" rod range. I'm particularly interested in hearing about the 1.2lb tc Avon version as looking for rod for stillwater tench & bream up to 10lb. Feedback on any of the range would be useful.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Hi comfortably numb (that song will be stuck in my head all afternoon now) Ive not got a tfg in the classic range but i do have a couple of tfg rods ive got a river and stream that has a horrible avon top that doesnt seem to belong to the rod. But the qiuver is a fantastic bit of kit . Also got some tremor carp rods that i wouldnt be without my mate has the intruder slim which he rates highly . I will say that the classic's do look nice . Sorry i cant help you any better than this.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
If the Classic 1.2lb Avon is the same or similar blank as the River & Stream then Rick is spot on.The Avon top is rubbish and fit only for growing peas up. With the quiver top on its a dream of a rod. For what its worth in my experience TFG rods are either brilliant or awful.