Food For Thought

quickcedo

Reaction score
I've just spent a rather long afternoon making bait for next weeks Barbel adventure and it occured to me that, if I or indeed anyone ever made a bait that was so effective that it didn't matter about when or how it was presented. A fish a chuck guaranteed including specimen fish. No skill required, just a big hook and hang on, you get the idea.
Oh and this bait is also guaranteed never to "blow", last indefinately and has no horrible smell to upset the other half.
Question. Would you buy/ use this bait?

tortoise100

Reaction score
Yes till it got boring that might take some time though.

tortoise100

Reaction score
I actually thought I had discovered this once after an amazing red letter day on a commercial it's still my largest weight in the shortest time around 54lb in 3 hours almost all big fish and I broke two PB's , but on subsequent trips I have not had the same success or on any other venue.

It was extra lean chopped pork and ham from aldi fried and fished over huge helpings of hemp in paprika four or five pints , I was using huge 1 inch squares but it is a nightmare to keep on the hook ,still on a high stocked venue it is great and it tastes very nice in fact it's hard to not eat it.

I had plans like freezing it onto hooklengths and stuffing it into stockings to make little boilies , but in the end it is much easier to get some meat that will stay on the hook.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Oh and this bait is also guaranteed never to "blow", last indefinately and has no horrible smell to upset the other half.
Question. Would you buy/ use this bait?

As it lasts indefinately i would only have to buy it once, but wouldn't it be boring not having to work out how to catch the fish ??

quickcedo

Reaction score
Stealph, what a good man you are!
Ray, that's the point. If such a bait was a reality there would be nothing left, no skill no water craft nothing. Yet every year tonnes of bait is sold which is "guaranteed" to do most of the above and people buy it. Why?

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
No skill, no learning, and every fish you catch would have been caught before. At least they would have ready made hook holes, that's if they had any mouths left !!!!!!!

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I'm sure Warburtons and Jolly Green Giant have a range that almost fill the criteria.