She made me do it

hookeye

Reaction score
Hello to all you mad anglers and anglerets out there, I have had to join you all in here Because the wife said I must and I always do as I am told, well thats allowed enough time for tenchy to get me tea ready so I'm off now to eat it see you all later lakeside

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Welcome hookeye.
Wife made you do it and goes fishing. Perhaps she has heard about fishing widows. On the down side, how the hell do you get away from her and have time to yourself or with mates?
Have fun.

tenchgirl

Reaction score
I think I know this person...Oh yes it's my hubby, he dosen't need to get away I'm his mate as well...LOL....
There is a little story behind his forum name, why not ask him about it.
Happy fishing hubby and welcome to the forum....Tenchgirl..

hookeye

Reaction score
Thanks all for the welcome

Well it was like this, we were fishing in one of our local rivers a few years back, that would be tenchy her father and myself I was fishing with a short 2 piece rod with a fair wind blowing at us, I cast the line in but the wind took it and I set the hook in my right eyelid barbed of course, so there stood I with hook line float and maggot hanging from my eye, off to casualty then that ruined the fishing for that day :D

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Welcome to our wee site of desperate fisherman with huge appetites and even larger ................ tackle collections.

Hook to the eyelid, i know just how you feel, i had to have an operation on my eye due to a recent fishing accident.

Welcome oh CodEye Clan member .......... If the wife had laughed at me i'd huv poked her in her eye and laughed back at her ............. lol

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Hookeye, I was cringing when I read your tale :eek:

I'm a bit squeemish you see (pun intended) whereas my missus Wendi loves watching casualty. I faint at needles and blood :eek:

Don't ask Stealph what happened to his eye, it makes my goolies curl up!
It could have ripped his eyeball right out!!!

Does Tenchgirl outcatch you mate? Whenever Wendi joins me she always and I mean ALWAYS :mad: catches more and bigger fish than me...

hookeye

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, hi Steve no Tenchgirl doesn't usually out catch me but she is always snapping at my eels pun intended, she is getting better though so I'm starting to get worried, think I'll start hiding here rods :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Keep a bit in reserve mate, or you'll end up like me ;)

I honestly don't mind though, quality time with your missus, fishing....
Aint many blokes who get their wives on the bank (no pun intended).
Life is great since Wendi discovered fishing :) Good luck to both of you.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Hookeye, it's nice to see a couple in the sport and on the site.

hookeye

Reaction score
Yeah its great that your partners wives etc like your sport keeps everyone happy until they get better than you that is :j