standard match rules

S

si

i started fishing matchs for the first time in november winter leage or however you spell it so far ime loving it it will run till march

but i was fishing a match yest and i was reading the fishery rules rule no 1 is standard match rules apply but what are the standard match rules .being new to match fishing i just dont now what they are can anyone enlighten me as to what they are before i get in bovver over them ta

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have a word with the match organiser Si.
It could vary from place to place.

Make sure your permits are all up to date and valid.
Do not bait or feed your swim before the match starts. But ask if it is okay to plumb your swim.
check for any bait bans if you are fishing different venues.

Here are a couple of tips for you.
Get there early and watch what is going on.
If possible do a bit of homework on the venue and have the odd practice session days in advance.

Don't take any notice of rumors that old Fred further up the bank has caught a couple of bream. (it could affect the way you yourself are fishing)

If you are catching, and somebody wants some of your bait, tell them you only have a small amount for yourself. Keep a lookout for the resident scrounger.

Watch out for the person (usually the scrounger) that says it's only a friendly, and it's the taking part that counts.

I asked Stuart Conroy (England International) what was the best advice he could give on match fishing, or any other kind of fishing.
His reply was:
Hail, Rain, or snow, get out there and practice, practice, practice. Every week, if posible a couple of times a week.
The more you do it, the more proficient you will become.

Get the 1st of January firmly locked in your mind, follow that last bit of advice I have given, and do it for the next two months without fail. Then look back and see how much you have improved.
Take it from there.

F

Frank Hanlon

the fishery should be told to print the rules as rules vary from one place to another. it sounds lazy to me but it may mean anything goes within reason. your'e right to be cautious.when we as a club fish anywhere we ask the fishery to print us a set of rules. if not we fish to the local rules (l.a.a.) if in london or (k.l.a.a.) if fishing in the kings lynn area