League against cruel sports

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
The other thread I started got me round to thinking about this; thought it might be beneficial to tell you something about this gang, as they definitely don't have our interests at heart:

I'm not giving too much away as this activity is ongoing and very damaging and upsetting to those involved. Anyway, here's the bones of it:

The company I work for supply a laboratory with something. The laboratory is seen as being unethical and cruel by this organisation.

Innocent employees of the company I work for have had their vehicles damaged. Usually it's in the middle of the night and involves brake fluid or paint stripper. With another employee, a mailshot was sent to every house in the area suggesting that he was an active paedophile.

Faceless cowards I say. This is what we may have to deal with in the future. Australia seems more and more tempting each day...

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Humans are animals and the behaviour you decribe is cruel. Anyone that takes part in such behaviour, or sanctions it, are total hypocrites and deserve to be treated with utter contempt.

Paul Hicks

Reaction score
The thing that all these bastards have in common is they are all losers who lead pointless and miserable lives. But being "activists", and sneaking around in the dark making life difficult for more productive members of society makes them feel important and worthwhile. What they really need is an outsize dose of ther own medicine, but because the rest of us are generally too decent to go down that road they never get it. You have my sympathy Ric.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is okay to campaign or legally protest over something, but to go down this road they are sick and cowardly in their actions. They obviousely get enjoyment in what they are doing, which has little bearing on their original cause.

S

swordsy

If i could get a cure for cacer I would kill a 1,000,000 beagles with a hammer tommorow.

Experimenting on animals for the most part though is totally wrong and not that helpful to science anyway.The results of tests should be meticulously recorded and never repeated, cruelty should be kept to an absolute minimum and experiments should not simply be carried out to satisfy a curious and over developed ego.

A better alternative would be to experiment on human prisoners who have no chance of parole ie Ian huntley and co in that way they may repay some of the pain they have caused others.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ric,

This type of activity is soon to be covered by the Government's white paper on Animal Welfare - Human rights, Protecting People from animal rights extremists. The paper was published in July 2004 and will be put before Parliament in the coming session:
Human Rights

It makes for interesting reading and every angling club in the Country ought to be aware of the coming new provisions.

W

Wolfman Woody

It's 20 years ago now that I worked for a pharmaceutical company that also produced cosmetics. One of the American chaps I worked with designed the animal testing laboratory in Syracuse, NY, and laid it out in such a way that the animals were treated with the utmost care and respect. We had no testing facilities in the UK and the company NEVER tested cosmetics on animals.

One weekend we had the threat that some ARAs were going to break in, cause damage and uncover us. Lots of us turned up to protect the buildings etc, but we offered 6 of them a tour around the plant. They could exactly where they wanted with no restrictions to see if they could find an animal testing lab. After 2? hours they didn't and went back out and dispersed the crowd.

Sadly we had to test pharmaceuticals on animals, but this was done privately by another company. It's the law! You have to test them to standard laid down by the government. You have to discover the dosage required to kill the patient called the LD (lethal dose) test, but then why we must perform on another animal an LD50 and an LD100 and an LD1000 is beyond me. The results were always the same, the animal died, but it was required.

We should be able to share these test results with people in other responsible countries who set the same high standards so they are only carried out the once.