centre pin identity

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
hello there,some time ago i was given a centre pin reel by a friend which i use for summer margin fishing for carp etc at my local boating lake.
i know nothing about the reel and would if possible like to get some detail so i can hopefully buy a matching one or a spare spool/drum for it.
heres what i know....
the reel backing plus drum/spool is made from either graphite or a very hard wearing plastic type material.
the spool/drum is removable.you do this by pressing a small metal lever/button on the front of the drum.
there is a line guard on the reel as well,this is detatchable and allows you to reposistion it to make the reel lefrt or right hand wind.
in the middle of the backplate,is a brass circular badge with the following on it.....
reg design-plus the words "gee bee co" printed within an arrow-underneath that it says made in england.
i`m sure one of you kind folk will know something of this pin reel????

Bob Cross

Reaction score
You have a Gee Bee Co Centre Pin. I too have one, but I do not think they are still made. Pity because they were good value reels.

Interestingly, I have used it today on the Somerset Brue, where I caught the same daft old Brown Trout no less than three times before I could get the Chub Feeding!!