It often happens like that Baz.

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

I caught my biggest ever wild brown trout on a weekend where I ran out of fuel 100 miles from the nearest gas station.

If is wasn't for a friendly Free State patrol cop I would have been in deep shit. This was in the days before cell phones.

I have never been so pleased to see that blue car with a light on the top in my life.

These days I never let the needle go below 1/2.

J

jason fisher

i was up at 9am on new years day too, but only because i was just getting home from the night before.

E

Eric Hayes

Nice read Baz. I had a session on New years day I had the river to myself so like you I got the swim I had my mind set on. Managed two Barbel to 6lb 6oz then the weather arrived the river came up about a foot in 90mins and the wind was intent on getting my rod out of the rest. I called it a day when the brolly started to wrap itself around my head.

All the best for the New Year mate.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks lads, when I got back to the car, the river looked as though it had come up about 10 inches. I couldn't believe the chub fed as well as they did in those conditions. The wind was actualy blowing the river back on its self.

T

The Monk

excellent article mate, with some good piccies too, nice read, well done!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wish I could say the pics were mine mate, Graham added them for me.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Well done Baz a great way to start 2005.

I love it when it rains as you usually get the river to yourself and the fish often oblige.

On Christmas Eve it rained heavily for two hours whilst i was fishing and I wasn't using a brolley or a chair. Whilst I got covered in mud my suit kept me completely warm and dry - sundridge igloo suits really are that good.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a good session Baz. I was traveling back from Southampton on New Years day full of a head cold and the weather as i was passing the Dane at around 4.15pm was awful.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Well done Baz, nice days fishing and a good write up too.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really do appreciate all these kind and encourageing remarks, I have a couple more stored up which I thought I would save for the closed season. I get great enjoyment from writing them.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Keep it up mate, great enjoyment reading them. Fished into dark myself last night and boy was it windy, then it decided to lash it down followed by a rapid drop in temp and a clear starlit sky and a ground frost......but same as Andy the old Igloo suit kept me warm and dry. Heavy rains back in for next few days and some strong winds, you going back out Baz???????

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll be back out there mate, Like has been said, anything can happen, and usually does when you least expect it. I could well have a blank session. But even so, there will be something happening to write about. I fancy a bit of carefull stalking, just to drop a piece of bread or a lobworm down the inside if it is in flood. I might even stop for a chat with one of the cows in the field,hahahaaaa.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"just to drop a piece of bread or a lobworm down the inside if it is in flood"

......with a light tip and small lead you'd be suprised how nicely it settles itself!

3oz..no neeeeeeeed

;o)

G

Ged

Nice one Baz. had to work on News years eve, New years Day and the day after. Feels like a year since I've been out fishing.