Haiths PTX

ByNasty

Reaction score
Happy new year everybody!
Has any of you resident experts had any experiance using any of the haiths blends for tench, bream or carp? I really like the sound of PTX mixed with molasses and a bit of red factor and robin red but I've been caught out before and it would be nice to get some advice first. Also what about some red factor with robin red and soaked trout pellets and a bit of liver extract or liquid liver for barbel/chub? I'm going on the theory that they should be quite high leakage and provide instant attraction due to the birdfood base. Am I thinkin along the right lines or am I way of the mark (as usual!)
Fishing geniuses work your magic!
Tight Lines

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only advice I could give you about trying different products is to go halves with a mate. But you would need to give each bait a fair trial to see if it was any good or not.
appart from that,ask in a good tackle shop or hope that somebody on here can advise you better.

ByNasty

Reaction score
Cheers Baz. I was thinking I might just bite the bullet and buy a couple of Kg of it to mix up and give a whirl and take it from there. I've also emailed haiths and a couple of other people to get a bit more info. Problem is that I've been disappointed with the quality of baits so many times in the past that I end up spending more time searching for info on new baits than fishing!
On a side note, have you heard anything from Mel recently? Been watching the bait box threads p****ng myself but thought it was a bit of a shame the way it all ended with him getting stroppy. Shouldn't be playing with the big boys I guess!
Tight Lines

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, have a look on the technique threads on the home page, I'm sure there are articles on particles.
I have'nt heard from Mel mate, don't know where he is, hmmmm?