uncanny

gilesy

Reaction score
cheers davy,my god if the names had been nige n steve and the river was the aire in yorkshire i would swear that was my story! fantastic

G

Ged

What a great story. Brings back memories of when I was in my early teans. Saw an angler catch a 9lb pike. I now enjoy going out to catch pike. Couldn't put words in a classic way as Davy has put them. Well written.

L

Les Clark

Cheer`s Davy, great story,the first pike that most of us see is always a "monster".
"Do pike eat sea fish,evan dead one`s" I had two not so young carpers ask me more or less the same question about a month ago.

JC

Reaction score
Davy, if you were to change the venue to the south drain at gold corner then that would be me to a tee!! Still haven't managed the chew 39 yet, but will do someday hopefully!! The fact that the story contains venues around my home makes it an even better read for me, cheers for a great tale !!

D

Davy North

Thanks lads, I really enjoyed writing a bit of fiction for a change. I'm glad it's struck a chord with people, I suppose we all share the memory of our wide eyed youth.

I spent a couple of wonderful holidays in Somerset when I was a kid and fished the Old River Axe a number of times. A great place and great people, I hope I've done them justice.

taps

Reaction score
Davy,
Superb stuff and I am about to read the rest. A lot of us of similar age can identify with so much of what you write. The Publisher has missed the boat this time. Try another publisher, as Graham says "there isn't enough of it about"
and thanks to Graham for putting it on the site.

Chris Hammond

Reaction score
Sorry Davy,

I've only just got around to reading this. My loss!

You should be writing professionally! I've not encountered imagery the like of that since reading BB's stuff as a youngster.

A truly mesmerising tale, and quite beautifully written. A sure sign of good writing is the author's ability to provoke images in the reader's mind. I could literally 'see' your characters and the scenery as I read, no 'devoured' your piece.

Quite fantastic!

Regards Chris

D

Davy North

Thanks you're all very kind.

The great thing about writing for FM is although I've never actually met another member it still feels like I'm writing for friends.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Excellent story Davy.

We certainly don't get that sort of writing in the mags these days.

And do you know, I used to know a guy like Faggy Cap too.