Photo Competions. What's up ?

jcp01

Reaction score
Why is it that the May photo competition voting has not yet started, and there is no submission thread for July? It's August now...

The sponsors, Game Fishing Supplies are giving away £50 per month and £500 for the best pic of the year, so I think it's only right that the management of this site take this cash input seriously and then promote the competitions properly and on time.

I've won this monthly competition twice. I have a couple of ABU's and a starter fly outfit because of it. It's worthwhile!

I would like to think that I'm in, along with all the other winners, with a chance to get that £500 prize too, but I'm just not sure how long it would take, at present speed, to process the vote....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I think it was ****y who won the £500 prize, announced the other week by Sofi.

I'll see if I can track down the announcement for you. May went too, but it might have been a May/June event.

OH BOTHER!
Someone always beats you to it. :eek:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Have to agree with ****y. The customer service at Game Fishing Supplies is excellent. My first choice was not available, several very acceptable alternatives were offered. Received in the post very quickly and christened the following day!

Congratulations ****y on a surreal but excellent photo!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
This was announced in advance by FM Admin on one of the threads in the forum. A panel was selected at FM HQ. I believe there were also some irregularities on the identical competitions on Flyforums, not on FM, that prompted the change.

icon1.gif
Mays winner
Please note that we will not be using the voting system to determine Mays or Junes photo competition winners. This is due to the fact that only 17 people voted in the April/May competition (thank you though to the 17 members who supported the competition and its entries with their vote).

Third post down on this thread:
http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/photo-competition/94312-may-2010-photo-competition.html

And here for June:
http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/...-june-2010-photo-competition-last-chance.html

Last edited: