*** Korum/Preston Panic Buying ***

Reaction score
Prston and Korum currently have a supply chain 'problem'. Their lead time for items from China WAS 3 months. It is now 7 to 8 months.

My local tackle shops are rapidly thinning their Korum and Preston products - one local said his shop will soon be bare and is being forced to swith to alternative suppliers.

I went to a couple of local shops today to buy a Ruckbag - however both shops were out of stock and were expecting new bags in about 6 months.

I ended up ordering mail order (the last one).

Will this lead to panic buying? (esp smaller items).

Normally, the Korum quick change beads go out as soon as they come in because all the match anglers snap them up.

What's your local like?

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Just as you've found with terminal tackle Matt, I was in last week looking for Quick Change Beads............ NONE, I got the last 2 packs of Quick Stops.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have several packets of quickstops if anyone wants them for 99p a pack plus the cost of the stamp.

I bought a load mail order (becuae I couldn't get them locally) when I was using them but I don't use them anymore, so if anyone is in need....

journo_greg

Reaction score
Who'd want to buy their tat anyway? Better off buying Drennan IMHO.
When I recently wrote a story about tackle shortages the week before leaving AT it came to Ricky Teal's attention that Korum/Preston's name had come up in conversation with tackleshops regarding shortages of product. He did his nut. Threw his dummy a mile. Threatened to pull all his ad spend and claimed some tackleshops rang him complaining that I was harrassing them - an outright, outrageous lie told in an attempt to get me in trouble with my bosses because I refused to reveal my sources...
In short, Ricky lived up to his reputation and then exceeded it some.
If you can't source their products, ditch them and buy from someone infinitely more reliable, ie Drennan International.
Simples!

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Well if they are silly enough to allow a non-supply situation to develop we won't need to ditch thier products Greg.....they won't be there to buy!

I have to say that I personally think thier gear IS good, though. And their sales would tend to suggest I'm not alone.

I could suggest a few improvments to their Korum Accesory Chair though:wh

Might I politely suggest not to let your personal feelings about somebody or their tactics interfere with the truth?...you won't get taken seriously. People will just think you have an axe to grind....even if you do.

Calling their gear 'tat' isn't going to get taken seriously because we all know it isn't. Unless you really think it IS tat, in which case you're going to need to quantify that belief with some good examples.

I tend to agree with you about Drennan quality. But I do think Korum/Preston are up there with them, though.

Some of the other guys seem to think you might be job-hunting now, if so, I wish you the best of luck.

preston96

Reaction score
Who'd want to buy their tat anyway? Better off buying Drennan IMHO.
When I recently wrote a story about tackle shortages the week before leaving AT it came to Ricky Teal's attention that Korum/Preston's name had come up in conversation with tackleshops regarding shortages of product. He did his nut. Threw his dummy a mile. Threatened to pull all his ad spend and claimed some tackleshops rang him complaining that I was harrassing them - an outright, outrageous lie told in an attempt to get me in trouble with my bosses because I refused to reveal my sources...
In short, Ricky lived up to his reputation and then exceeded it some.
If you can't source their products, ditch them and buy from someone infinitely more reliable, ie Drennan International.
Simples!

Oh no...the most balanced (ish) angling journo has gone from AT......seriously Greg i hope things are ok.

Who the ***k are we gonna blame now!

Reaction score
I heard on the grapevine yesterday that Dr Paul Garner left Korum some time ago (we're seeing old articles) and that has added to the problem.

Anyone know any different?

journo_greg

Reaction score
Point taken. He did annoy me a tad...
Maybe not tat, but I managed to specimen fish for ten years without feeling the need to ever buy one single item of Korum or Preston gear. Can't be that good...
Things are great. Just moved on. Six years was long enough to write angling news. I started getting a bit bored to be honest. That and the Age Of Austerity told me it was time for a change.
Hope everyone's getting out and catching a few.
Wol, you have mail.