Fish dies in UK lake!!

sagalout

Reaction score
What a jumped twisted round never come down knob. "only proper anglers are allowed to fish here" harumphhhhh!

richiekelly

Reaction score
what is a proper angler? how does he know who is fishing there he surely cant see with his head so far up his own a**e

goldenboy55

Reaction score
two things from the article stand out to me:-
firstly its quoted that only 75 people a year are allowed to fish the water, assuming that it is not exactly the same people every year and that there have been "several" who have still not managed to catch TwoTone despite trying for "years" that means this poor creature is being dragged out of the water anything up to 60+ times a year! Hardly befitting the image anglers like to portray of themselves, ie. caring and nurturing of nature particularly fish!
Secondly these huge grotesque carp are anything but natural, they are continually supplied with endless ammounts of artificial foodstuffs. The reason carp anglers require trolleys to transport their equipment to the waters edge is because they would be physically unable to carry the hundred weights of boilies/groundbait/additives they dump into the water every session!
Why not simplify matters and keep TwoTone in a glass tank and charge "proper" anglers a grand a time to catch her(?) because there is little more sport in catching it in its current enviroment.
The quote saying if a water does not have 30lb+ fish in it then nobody will fish there demonstrates the ever growing gulf between anglers and fishermen.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Two Tone aint been dead that long.
Well, theres a post underneath about it -
"Added: Monday 10/08/2009 23:47:36 UK
The man knows what hes talking about !These fish come along once in a life time.Once they are gone it takes years to replace them,decades!They are our veterans of the lakes."

Must be a year now.

Added: Hang on, hang on - the report is about Benson dying, not Two Tone.

RIGHT : POSTS today on carp forum and on North West Carpers
Looks like she has gone, but only recently.

Last edited:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
The quote saying if a water does not have 30lb+ fish in it then nobody will fish there demonstrates the ever growing gulf between anglers and fishermen.

That quote says it all to me. The guy is talking like a twa* alright. He clearly doesn't know WTF he is talking about. If what he said was true, Then waters all over the country without 30lb fish would have no anglers on them.

He clearly puts his tooth brush where the sun don't shine.

Dal

Reaction score
I've just read that two tone was found on Thursday morning, it's a real shame especially as it came originally from my local Carp lake, RIP Two-Tone.............

BTW, have any of you met Logsden? He's a Tw4t.........

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been out fishing (not catching, fishing)... have I missed something?

I thought Two Tone was still alive, and it was Heather and Benson that have gone to the great landing net in the sky?

I wonder how Hedges is doing. I seem to remember him getting flooded out into the Nene, then mysteriously turning up in a nearby syndicate lake. The eel of the carp world that one.

Rubbish journalism. Peanuts akin to poison? Try soaking for 24-36 hours then boiling you muppet :j

The head bailiff, I believe, subsequently refuted the Benson nut theory as a rumour and wild speculation?

Shine

Reaction score
and they have been monitored for about a year to ensure they are proper anglers before we allow them on there.”

proper anglers :rolleyes:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
So it wont be the fault of the Proper Anglers then will it. Funny how other fish deaths are put down to some sort of nuts, and what about this one??.

At the end of the day, fish of that size will be of a good old age, and with all the food going in, getting fat faster doesn't help.

An old fish whose days were up, it come's to all life forms at some point.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Before we all slag 'orf the individual quoted in that old article, may I politely point out that he didn't write the article...the 'journalist' who thought nuts were akin to poison wrote the article.

If he paid as much attention to the lakes's owner on 'anglers' as he did to the lake's owner on 'nut baits', we can propably discard the entire article as inaccurate rubbish.

Journalists. Same bottom-feeder level as Lawyers :mad:

noknot

Reaction score
Before we all slag 'orf the individual quoted in that old article, may I politely point out that he didn't write the article...the 'journalist' who thought nuts were akin to poison wrote the article.

If he paid as much attention to the lakes's owner on 'anglers' as he did to the lake's owner on 'nut baits', we can propably discard the entire article as inaccurate rubbish.

Journalists. Same bottom-feeder level as Lawyers :mad:
Indeed, Utter trash!

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I didn't know that Fish can not be killed by proper Anglers.

I also didn't know that fish were not supposed to die causing an inconvenience to the Owner and the Memebrs of said Water.

It's a Living thing, it Lives, it Dies ........... i'm sure it will be missed but it gives other fish a chance to become legends in thier own right (but only if varified by proper Anglers who wear authentic Realtree Camo)

I wonder .............. hmmmmmmmm this has got me to thinking.

I smell a Thread coming on (ewwwwwwwww)

richiekelly

Reaction score
i suppose the 75 proper anglers will now be off fishing another proper water for proper fish, sad.