TV 'Star' Wanted!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I?ve been contacted by a producer who is making a television series for the BBC with the working title ?Retail Therapy?. They are making 10 x 1 hour documentary programmes, each film focusing on a real character who tends to overspend and live beyond their means. The situation with their lifestyle is coming to a head and something has to give!

Each programme delves into the life of a particular character and observes how they run their life over a 10 day period. They have two expert presenters who offer lifestyle tips and solutions, helping the character to change their spending habits and making them happier in doing so. The aim is to change the pattern of their bank accounts and lifestyle attempting to give them a firm footing for success in 2005.

They have already filmed the first five programmes, and are now looking for the next 5 stories. They are looking for primarily men in their late 20s and 30s. Men tend to purchase more in the way of alcohol, gizmos, cars, watches, and computers and have the more time consuming hobbies like golf and fishing or socializing down the pub!

They would love one of the stories to be centred on a character who has fishing at the centre of a generic spending obsession.

If anyone thinks they fit the description above and are interested in taking part email me (<a href=mailto:graham@fishingmagic.com>graham@fishingmagic.com</a>) and I?ll put you in touch with the right person.

B

Big Rik

"who tends to overspend and live beyond their means"

that aint Stu, he earns more money than god

M

Malcolm Bason

Pity I'm too old, I certainly live beyond my means!

N

NottmDon

come on you tackle tarts!! I'd do it but unfortunately Ive overspent on tackle and my computers about to be taken by the bail...(get off you great nig numty I wanna finish this reply to Fishing Ma).........if

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Seeing as how these TV producers usually want a 'character' type person, if Wol is as extrovert as he appears to be, he could be ideal, (dependant on his circumstances).

woody

Very Elderly Member
Banned
Reaction score
Even if I was the right age group, 'er indoors would never allow it. She'd be too afraid of me becomming a sex symbol for women viewers, attracting all that fan mail and wanting bits of my body.

Worse still would be the blokes. Especially in this hat.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Pity Ron isn't younger ---
We could have unleashed the horrors of "When I was in South Africa" and " When I fished with ****" on the viewing public

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Nothing has horrible as a night in Toxteth nicking hubcaps Ed.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Hey Jeff that looks like my hat dyed green.

A new hat hey.

And he's just been bragging with a flash new Daiwa reel - after pleading poverty too.

How did you get that reel past 'er in doors Jeff?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Can you imagine Ron on TV as a star---He could call himself Ron 'Gaylord' Clay