Help needed

P

Philip Knight

Hi,

im in need of some help, in 2 weeks in going to southend (essex) to see some friends and i thought whilst im out thier i could do a spot of fishing, the problem being i cant find any waters to night fish near southend. Please can anyone help

Many thanks
Phil

A

andrew dench

I know a couple of venues in the area.

Rochford Reservoir has plenty of fish to 30's, no official nightfishing but alot of people do, its next to Rochford station (about 5 mins from Southend).

Another venue is "Doggets" which again is just outside Rochford, let me know on here of its of interest and I'll get some more upto date info.

ANdy

P

Philip Knight

Thank Andrew, if you could find out some more info on both please like prices and things

Phil

A

andrew dench

Will do, I'll get back to you tomorrow, I know that Rochford res is about ?3 per day, I had a few fish out in the winter, they were spawning last week so should be finished by now, if you fish on the road bank you should be ok at night,apparantly you only get slung off if you're making loads of noise and fishing at the back of the houses. I'll find out about the other one.

There's also Priory Park in Southend but I dont know of you can nightfish it.

R

Rob Brownfield

I think u would have to be a brave person to night fish Priory...but i think u can though.

R

Rob Brownfield

A few undisirables used to frequent the place at night. Was not a pleasant place to fish if you were young or on your own. However....this was a good few years back. Hopefully it will have changed. Have a word with the Tackle and BAit centre in Southend....they should be able to put you right.