Drennan IM8 Rod Top Section

Blunderer

Reaction score
I bought a Drennan IM8 Float Rod about two years ago. I only used it once then snapped the tip section in a house move. I took it to Britain's AQuatic Suppliers in Bolton and heard nothing for a month after they promised to order me one.
I went in there yesterday and the lad told me that Drennan said the rod was no longer in production and they couldn't supply the section.
I think he was giving me a story. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Surely there must be some way of replacing this section - the rod was ?200 and I am sure they are recent rods.
Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do to get a tip section?

woody

Very Elderly Member
Banned
Reaction score
Get in touch direct:

Drennan International Ltd.
Bocardo Court
Temple Road
Oxford
OX4 2EX

Phone 01865 748989
Fax 01865 748865

no email or website, sorry. Very poor in this day and age. Manufacturers should by now realise the power of the Internet.

Reaction score
I had a peek at company house for you. I think this is their address but it did not give a contact number.

DRENNAN INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
BOCARDO COURT
TEMPLE ROAD
COWLEY
OXFORD OX4 2EX

If go direct you should have some luck either way.

woody

Very Elderly Member
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Stu, I have a Tackle Trade Directory, but I alsoi used to deal a lot with Pete Brownlow there.

Blunderer

Reaction score
Thanks everyone but that was my first point of contact.
Drennan told me to go through a dealer as they do not deal direct.

Reaction score
Well just great, you can't deal direct and you are told they longer make the parts, not alot of good to you.
Shame on Drennan!
I hope someone here can help you.
Like Jeff said its not good for a company in todays market not to have a web site. Does all this tell you what they are like?