Fishing Partner Required?

realmadyid

Reaction score
OK, I know it seems odd, and a bit weird, but I'm an occasional (keen) pleasure angler in the South West of Essex (grays), who is desperate to get out fishing a little more often. Sadly, I don't drive, but happy to help with cost's with someone who does? Is this the right place to be for a request like this?

Any comments or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Paul

preston96

Reaction score
i dont think this is odd or weird at all, in fact i think it is agreat way to have company and develop friendship whilst enjoying our sport.

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
Perhaps a seperate section or sticky thread where people can offer or request fishing pals would make it feel a little less odd ???

Rickrod

Reaction score
You could also try asking if anyone at your local tackle shop is looking for a fishing partner like Paul says it a great way of making friends .

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
May seem obvious but perhaps a local fishing club might be the way to go.....particularly those with water to offer..
Once you have attended a few meeting etc you'll probably find others who are looking to go further afield but need help with fuel cost..

Clubs are not everyones cup of tea but you don't have to become heavily involved-just enough to suit YOU!

Hope it works out for you!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Tee-Cee has it about right, there is nothing like being a member of a fishing club to make new aquaintances and a lot of my fishing friends have come from that source. Your local tackle shop is the place to find out about the clubs in your area but for casual fishing you can't beat the old pub clubs, Birmingham had lots of them when I lived there, whether it was the same throughout the rest of the country I'm not sure but there must be some in the greater London area surely.

realmadyid

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, I may try the club route....thanks everyone...

Paul

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
I think this is something that Clubs should promote. My club, RADAC, has a 'Companions' page on its web site for just such a requirement.

I hope you find someone Paul; sadly I'm a bit too far away for you.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I haven't had that experience at all. I've made no friends from clubs in the last 20 years but I have made dozens via the net. This is the place to meet people I think. Like others though, I'm on the other side of the city and work weekends so not a lot of help.
Can make a midweek session though if that's any help. What's that Essex day ticket water near the Dartford crossing? That's not too far from Grays is it?