Angling Star

R

Ron Clay

The July issue is well represented by FM members. Sedge on Bans, bailiffs, rules and regulations, Macwallet on weather conditions and yours truly on buzzers, no not the sort made by Delkim and Fox.

Does this mean a possible take over of AS by The Fishing Magic Barons?

P

Paul Williams

Rob,
It's next to Northern pigeon fanciers weekly, in that little newsagents on Bramall lane!!......calm down Ron, i'm in a jocular mood! :eek:)

D

David OLoughlin

I never seen it but I hear it's got a great page 3.

R

Ron Clay

Paul, I've got some mates in Barnsley who'll come down come daarn an sooert thee brummies arrt. Ant bring t' whippets wi em anall!!

Cleggie were a pidgeon fancier tha knows.

D

Dave Silvers

Rob
It's a Sheffield based newspaper (suprisingly about angling). We even get it here in Nottinghamshire. Contains some good articles by some very knowledgable authors (enough sucking up there Ron), but all the adverts relate to to the South Yorkshire area.
If you want a copy, E-Mail me your address and I'll send one up to Bonny Scotland, alternatively Rons posted the address for subscibing somwhere on these pages in the last week or so, I,m Sure he wouldn't mind doing it again.

R

Ron Clay

To get Angling Star send your details to

Subscriptions Dept
Angling Star
Sheffield Star
York Street
Sheffield
S1 1PU

Together with a cheque or PO for ?10.95

You will get a years copies.

You can phone them on 0114 2767676 or Email them on starangling@rim.co.uk

Make sure you have your National Whippet Owner's Association Club Card number available as well as the Barnsley Pidgeon Club.

P

Paul Williams

Ron,
My little Jack russels are so fast on the turn those whippets will be back up the M1 in the fast lane with out needing a hare!!! LOL ;o)
Seriously, i will have to stop off and get one next time i'm up that way.

R

Ron Clay

I might be wrong in this assumption, but didn't Jack Russell Terriers have their origins in Yorkshire?

My dear friend the late Tag Barnes used to have Jack Russells. He used to use them when he went poaching.

P

Paul Williams

Ron,
I have forgotten where they originate from, i'll have to look it up. Thanks for the offer of the Angling Star......i can hang the articles by "those two" on the nail.. ;o)