Anglers Almanac

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
No mention of Bevan Gherkin or Valerie Grudge? And what about Grief Halfer?

But oh so true! What a cracking article.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I had to cut a lot of it out Mark. Even now it's just over 4000 words and some of it could have been construed as libellous by those who need a humour transplant.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Very good indeed.

How much for x-rated version Graham?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That's already under lock and key Nige.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Without a shadow of doubt, the funniest angling read of the Millennium to date. It's only when you read something like this that you realise how bland and humourless the majority of angling journalism has become.

Bring back Snide Rumours and Dirty Lies, I say.

NOW!

Please???

S

sash

Now that is funny. Well done to Mystic and the Squatts.

How about a monthly review from now on?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I agree Bob,

I still mourn the passing of the late, great David Hall's Coarse Fishing.Was that where Snide Rumours appeared in Bob, I cant remember?

I recall an article in there about lure fishing(or spinning as it was then called) which still brings a smile.

An annual feature I hope Graham?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Quality reading...........is the 0800 number up and running????????

Off now to meet Prozac n Smythe

Still chuckling :eek:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
At least an annual, but I don't think I could take it more often than that. But you never know, there could be a half-yearly review. I'll have a word with Mystic Maggot and see if he'll confer with the Squatts.

Snide Rumours first appeared in Coarse Fisherman, when David Hall was the publisher. It was always the first thing we read, but I have a feeling features like Snide and this Almanac would lose their humour if there was too much of a good thing.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I should add that there are always those who will get the hump and take it all too seriously, so it can be quite traumatic for an editor who is anxious to not get his site/publication into hot water!

W

Wolfman Woody

I'm still trying to work out who penned it, but I strongly suspect the originator of this thread. It would be typical of him!

Well done, I literally was LOL whilst reading it. Thank god Nigel's a solicitor. Hope you can handle a case like this Nigel.

"Publish and be damned." I think you said Graham. :eek:)

G

Gary Knowles 2

If they get the hump, sod 'em. You've got to be able to laugh at yourself in this game.

I'm quite proud of being included and may even form AARS......

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Woody,

Not me, Guv. I was at work when I read it - LOL - oops! No mention of Bevan Gherkins, perhaps he wrote it? I think this was a lot more subtle and funnier than Snide Rumours, which often was offensive.

R

rob tudor

Very good although he has missed a very important angle in that many of the carp wtiters regularly rehash their articles for the foreign mags I had the pleasure last year of reading an article about dynamite stick rigs by the same angler in French German and Dutch. It would have been even funnier if most of it wasn't true!!!