Carp fishing in Seoul, South Korea

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Received the following email from a member asking for help. Does anyone know anything about any carp fishing in Seoul?

FROM JOE DAVIES:
Just joined up for your service on my Palm...fantastic.

I'm currently living in Seoul, South Korea. Haven't had chance to check out any fishing yet but when I mention Carp and Angling I'm usually greeted with blank looks or fits of laughter - so it doesn't look good.

Anyway, FISHINGmagic.com keeps me up to date with the news back home and the articles are just what I need to keep me sane.

Keep up the great work, and if anybody knows of any decent still water Carp fishing in the Seoul area I'd be most appreciative.

Cheers....

Joe Davies

R

Rob Brownfield

I have lived out that way, but I can honestly say that I never came across Carp. The winters are pretty servere, and the only fish I really saw were small, hardy, ugly things, a bit like Ruffe, and the Weather Loach, well known to aquarists. Infact, there are several species of loach there.

The best bet is to get photos of carp and show them to the locals, try the fish markets. This is always a good source of info in these type of countries.

Another method is to get intouch with the Embassy. They can sometimes put u intouch with people who will know about the fishing potential.

Sorry I could not be more help.

P

Paul Williams

"The only fish i came across were small , hardy, ugly things" Rob, are you sure you aint describing your unit!!!! :eek:) lol
Good luck Joe, sounds like you will need it,keep us all imformed mate, i'm intrigued!