What are the best scales

The Hood

Reaction score
Who makes, and where can I get the best compact weigh scales. I generally stalk and travel very light, and I need an accurate set of scales, either digital or standard, can you help??????

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

So do I as my Avons are in a heck of a state. They are still accurate though.

The Hood

Reaction score
My weighmasters a far too long in the tooth, and are not too accurate. Big Rick mentioned some nice digital ones to me last year but I forgot what they were, I need to be light and easy to move with all my gear as I travel light. A decent pocket something would be good, but not cheap crap, have you looked at the Fox digitals?

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I bought the Fox digitals yesterday and did some comparisons with my old Waymasters. My Waymasters were over 10 years old and had been weighing 10oz light.

I wish I'd have replaced them much earlier because I caught a Barbel of 9lb 10oz and a Chub of 4lb 13oz last week. If I'd have weighed them on accurate scales they would have been pb's.

I also checked the Waymasters against some Samson Eletricals and they were 8oz lighter than those.

The point I'm trying to get across is to get some good electronics and have them re-calibrated regularly.

R

Ross Turner

Have a look at the Rapala scales,they weigh upto 50lb nice & light.I think they hold about the 7 last weights but cost about ?35.
I have a set & they are great.

N

NottmDon

Nice size fish Matt well done! Shame about the scales though, I'd have been gutted myself. Had a nice Barbel Sunday btw 11lb15oz and I was fortunate enough to have my new scales with me. My old ones were akin to those that housewifes used in the kitchen in the 1950s! Well maybe not that bad but certainly weighing on the downside!I thought you might go for the Fox ones as they have had a few good write ups from people who actually use them!

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
You dont get better than Reuben Heatons and if you want compact they have just bought out some spring balance ones.

The Hood

Reaction score
Thanks benny, just purchased them, but haven't had a bloody fish worth putting on them.