Gutted !!!!!

stan_lee

Reaction score
Ive had a few nice perch around the pound mark on maggot and sweetcorn when after the silvers on my local canal, so thought id have a go on the spinner this evening, had a few casts in two swims and had a perch about 12oz second cast in the next swim hooked a good fish little spinning rod bent round into a strange shape, taking line.... right to the net and gone :eek:
Propper gutted was by far the biggest perch ive seen in that section, want to go in the garden and screem....

Lee

Rickrod

Reaction score
When are you going back to have another go Stan

Last edited:

captain carrott

Reaction score
bit of a sickener when that happens on the up side at least you know it's there now

Rickrod

Reaction score
Its always gutting to lose such good fish but stay positive at least you now know that there is and where such stamp of fish are

stan_lee

Reaction score
Thanks for the words of encouragement think ive just about calmed down now, off back to the same spot after the silvers tommorrow thing is do i go again this evening with the spinner or wait till tommorrow and put a dead bait out on a second rod? decisions...decisions.....

Lee.

captain carrott

Reaction score
wrong time of year for deadbaiting for perch for my way of thinking, they're more likely to pick up deads in mid to late feb than now.

stan_lee

Reaction score
Well been back for the last hour before dark.......not a sniff, nothing, oh well i'll have another bash tommorrow.

CC i'm still thinking of trying dead bait, i've tryed lobworms and prawns many times and had nothing so don't know what to try next.

Lee.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Stan try jigging with small shads ive had afew good perch on them and there single hooks easy to unhook the ones ive done alright on are made by storm

captain carrott

Reaction score
Well been back for the last hour before dark.......not a sniff, nothing, oh well i'll have another bash tommorrow.

CC i'm still thinking of trying dead bait, i've tryed lobworms and prawns many times and had nothing so don't know what to try next.

Lee.

have you tried fishing a lob on the bottom but putting in maggot or liquidised bread over the top, in small ammounts almost constantly,

the idea being you get the bits into a feeding frenzy up in the water, mr perch comes along sees the feeding frenzy lots of small fish preoccupied with feeding easy meal then finds a nice big jucy lob or 2 and wolfs it down, it's worked for me a few times

stan_lee

Reaction score
have you tried fishing a lob on the bottom but putting in maggot or liquidised bread over the top, in small ammounts almost constantly,

the idea being you get the bits into a feeding frenzy up in the water, mr perch comes along sees the feeding frenzy lots of small fish preoccupied with feeding easy meal then finds a nice big jucy lob or 2 and wolfs it down, it's worked for me a few times

When ive used lobs i just fed choped lobs, think i'll have to give that a go CC also thinking of prebaiting a few prawns for a week and see what that produces.

I have some drop shot lures that i haven't given a good go yet, i'd like to get one on a lure, heart thumping stuff on light gear. Ive seen the storm shads they look good so may have to pick one or two up next trip to the tackle shop.

Thanks Lee.