Cleaning info?

tenchgirl

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondered what everyone cleans their unhooking mats and nets with? Or do you just leave them. TG....

Bluenose

Reaction score
Just hang them up and let them dry. I leave mine in the garage and they dry in a day.

Leaving them outside to dry definitely helps with the smell!

tortoise100

Reaction score
you know it's been a good days fishing when you have to hang up your landing net and weigh sling on the washing line maybe even hoping it will rain just to clean them off a bit.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Drying in the sunshine is the best way of sanitising nets and mats. Trouble is there doesn't seem to be much sunshine of late.

Strangely, my wife won't let me hang them up to dry indoors!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
The best bet is to quickly rinse unhooking mats and landing nets at the waterside when packing up as this will get rid of most of the bream slime. Then hang up to dry when you get home.

tortoise100

Reaction score
Whatever you do don't forget and leave them in your car/van for two hot days like I did smelled like someone had died in there :eek:

Mithrandir

Reaction score
It is best to hang nets and mats up in the sun, the ultraviolet kills bacteria and disease. If I cant do that as it is never sunny in the UK, I rinse them out in a bit of soapy water and leave them to dry hanging in the garage

tony

Reaction score
Hosing them down helps as the chlorine in the water will kill off a lot of bacteria and smell, but leave them outside for 24 hours to dry. even on a dull day enough UV light will kill the diseases and with KHV and others, we need to protect our fisheries.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Hosing them down helps as the chlorine in the water will kill off a lot of bacteria and smell, but leave them outside for 24 hours to dry. even on a dull day enough UV light will kill the diseases and with KHV and others, we need to protect our fisheries.
This is what I do too, rinse them off and leave them out to dry properly.