Stanley park liverpool

rains

Reaction score
Hi i have a few question's to any one who fish's the lake first thing do you have to pay to fish the lake i was on there website and it says there's a charge but i have asked a fella who fish's it and he said he has never paid also does the lake contain any predator fish perch/pike thanks in advance

Bluenose

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it didn't have perch. Best place to ask would be in Taskers Tackle on Utting Ave mate. Assuming the shop is still there!

Last edited:

rains

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it didn't have prech. Best place to ask would be in Taskers Tackle on Utting Ave mate. Assuming the shop is still there!
Yep its still there if i dont get any joy on here i will ask them thanks blue

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
All Liverpool park lakes are council owned and free fishing .... (apart from needing your EA licence)

I believe you do have to register (It's Free) with the council though .... Have a read of THIS --it explains it to you

Not sure about what are in them --I haven't fished any of the park lakes for about 40 odd years --but if you go into Tasker's and ask either Cliff or Jimmy they'll probably be able to tell you a bit about them ......

Last edited:

Bluenose

Reaction score
I haven't been into Taskers for about 4 years Ed, Cliff still works there then?

Good service there back then!

rains

Reaction score
Thanks fellas i heard some local new today from another fisherman that newsham part was cleared of pike i do hope this is not true mind you they couldn't have got them all i had a run the other day on a live bait yay

tony1106

Reaction score
Hi i have a few question's to any one who fish's the lake first thing do you have to pay to fish the lake i was on there website and it says there's a charge but i have asked a fella who fish's it and he said he has never paid also does the lake contain any predator fish perch/pike thanks in advance

Hi rains........All Liverpool parks r free but u must have permit off the council...Download a form off the web/fill it in/hand it into a Onestop Shop or Walton hall park leisure centre and u will get a life time pass...Plenty of perch in SP.caught over a 100 in the last 2months all small sad to say..never tried for pike.

rains

Reaction score
Hi rains........All Liverpool parks r free but u must have permit off the council...Download a form off the web/fill it in/hand it into a Onestop Shop or Walton hall park leisure centre and u will get a life time pass...Plenty of perch in SP.caught over a 100 in the last 2months all small sad to say..never tried for pike.
Yeah i got pulled over that one m8 i showed them my ea one and they said i needed a permit abit silly really kinda no point but i have some on the way so all good i have never fished Stanley for some reason its closer to me but i dont know i just like newsham better maybe am just used to that water more thanks for the info tho tony :)

jay71

Reaction score
Stanley Park

There is absolutely no charge for fishing stanley park, also you'll need a rod licence and a Liverpool city council park permit to fish parks in liverpool.

Also stanley comprises of three sections two smaller ponds either end and a large one in the middle, you can only fish the one in the middle. Only learned this the hard way after getting caught by the park warden.....oops!

As for preditory fish, there is plenty of reasonable sized perch, lods of roach and tench, however been trying to bag myself a pike on lures and spinners, however nothing so far, from loads of feedback from other anglers there are pike there, but got a theory that with the place being loaded down with small perch, the pike are spoilt for choice if you get my meaning.

But overrall a good little park, some session's i've been pulling them out every 15mins, crackin park.