My Fishing Days & Fishing Ways

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I have just received from Medlar Press my copy of the above by JW Martin.

I read this book as no more than a child.

I will be doing an in depth review of this masterpiece in due course. All I can say is that for ?15.00 this is truly a bargain. A great classic angling book that truly contains the most vibrant writing ever published about our sport.

S

swordsy

Ron how did you get in touch with meddlar press i have tried the internet with no success, i saw its poster on the wall behind a picture of Chris Yates and it set me thinking that i bet they have a fantastic selection of unusual books.

I have just started collecting signed copies so i may be able to increase my collection (2) without breaking the bank!

p.s has anyone actually eaten a meddlar?

S

swordsy

Thanks Ron,
it was the double d`s that got me in trouble but thats always been the case!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Now Ed is a bit of an expert with a computer. It shows you that not all Scousers are thick!!

;o)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Hey Ed, that's the wrong site you blinking Merseyside MadHatter!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

It's the year 2350 and brain transplants are now quite common.

This bloke decides it would be nice to have a new brain so he visits his local Brain Bank.

"So what have you got today?" he asks the bright young salesman.

"Well we have Einstein's brains at ?5,000, Prime Minister's brains at ?10,000 and Scouser's brains at ?2,000,000."

"Two million quid for Scouser's brains, why so much?"

"I'm afraid they are very scarce you know."

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

?15.00 plus postage Graham.

Go on buy it. It really is a marvellous read. It's paperback by the way.

And by the way I am not on Medlar Press' Payroll.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
I have bought a number of their books over the years thanks Ron.
I thought it might have been a very good offer for the hard back. Not so..dreaming!

I will get the HB one. Thanks for the quick reply.

Rgds

Graham
p.s. Had a great day out with old boy Woodhouse last Saturday, I am sure he will catch a fish soon.

Graham

W

Wolfman Woody

Some fat chance!!! Hahah!

I spoke with Mr Guttfield last night, his lad Fred's only had a chub of 7lb 6ozs out at Bourne End.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

The HB is not available at the moment. I spoke to Jon Ward-Allen today and he advised me that many people had asked for the HB version and that perhaps in the future it will be available.