Sending rods on ebay?

Bluenose

Reaction score
What are the options you've used please ladies and gents?

Can anyone recommend any courier services, if so how much should I be expected to pay for a 12ft rod stored in a 6ft tube?

preston96

Reaction score
What are the options you've used please ladies and gents?

Can anyone recommend any courier services, if so how much should I be expected to pay for a 12ft rod stored in a 6ft tube?

Try your local Post offices first......i have two that will take 12ft rods, onc e they accept them it seems they deliver them.

What you sold anyway :D

Bluenose

Reaction score
Cheers Brum.

I haven't sold any rods yet mate. I've got rid of anything that's not been used in a while, rucksacks hodlalls etc and now am going through my rods.

First up I've got a fox warrior 12ft 2.75 tc carp rod that's been used once in the 3 years I've had it and I have a Steve Parton handbuilt fly rod on what I believe is a harrison blank.

There are also another 10 or so rods that I haven't made my mind up about just yet as they'll fetch next to nowt, especially with Shaky mach II's retailing at about £22.

Edit: Just been told by my local PO that 1.5m is the max size. So I may try and blag it as you've suggested, and hope the nice lady on the counter doesn't check, if not, £11 by Parcelfarce. Although MSE mention various middlemen who will do courier service cheaply.

Last edited:

J K

Reaction score
Rodney's right Interparcel are very good I've used them several times.

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Cheers Jimmy, I've just had a quick browse and it says the biggest dimensions for length are 1 metre long!

Thats odd - ring your local depot up if I were you. I sent back a broken 6ft section in a bit of plumbing tube on wednesday no questions asked and have sent 3 metre tubes on a fairly regular basis, although I do pay a premium for 3 metre plus. You should be able to find it here - interlink express - Express Parcel Delivery - Next Day UK, European & International Parcel Delivery Services , well somewhere in there anyway .

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Cheers Brum.

I haven't sold any rods yet mate. I've got rid of anything that's not been used in a while, rucksacks hodlalls etc and now am going through my rods.

First up I've got a fox warrior 12ft 2.75 tc carp rod that's been used once in the 3 years I've had it and I have a Steve Parton handbuilt fly rod on what I believe is a harrison blank.

There are also another 10 or so rods that I haven't made my mind up about just yet as they'll fetch next to nowt, especially with Shaky mach II's retailing at about £22.

Edit: Just been told by my local PO that 1.5m is the max size. So I may try and blag it as you've suggested, and hope the nice lady on the counter doesn't check, if not, £11 by Parcelfarce. Although MSE mention various middlemen who will do courier service cheaply.

I am assured by my local Post Mistress that this is only if you are posting abroad, and that many staff are refusing these longer items wrongly.

That said, it's little help if they refuse it..what are you supposed to do?

But I have posted one myself, to another on this forum, Next Day delivery £8, which is far cheaper than any courier firm, so I supose it is at least worth asking?

sagalout

Reaction score
There are also another 10 or so rods that I haven't made my mind up about just yet as they'll fetch next to nowt
Have you tried flogging them in your local paper?

Our local (the Herald Depress) is free for items below £99 and has online booking and rebooking. I have sold loads of unwanted gear all without charges and no postage hassles.