Bread Making (for fishing)

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's my boy.
I am lucky in being able to try variouse flavours, I will be trying a flavour for bread, which might sound ridiculouse, if it is any good I will let you know what it is at the end of the season.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Baz - you could be on to something here.

Call it Frenzied Bread, stick it in a tin & sell it for a fiver & retire on the proceeds.

W

Wolfman Woody

What will Mainline, Richworth, and Dynamite be selling it for?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"What will Mainline, Richworth, and Dynamite be selling it for?"

Probably about eight quid, but then their's will have a picture of a Carp on the packaging :-0>

Baz,
It is not ridiculous at all, I often use flavoured bread but flavoured the old fashioned way in a bag, few drops of flavouring and then freeze.

F

Frothey

flavouring bread? thicko carp anglers were going it in the sixties....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
No, fifties, and before, for roach as well.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

What next - potatoes?

I recall a thread on another site whereby one angler was using his wifes breadmaker to make flavoured flake.He used Monster Crab apparently & had to throw the thing out!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

LOL :>)

She probably went of her own accord given the smell of that stuff!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks lads,
But the flavouring I will be useing is not the usual fish/fruit flavours that are availiable.
When you find out, you will say, bluddie hell,its obviouse. There are things going on in the baking industry at the moment that will blow your mind. My son was in the forefront of it when it started.

Hmmmm?
P.B.F.
Pyscophant Bread Flavouring.It's even got my initials in the name.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Dont they do bake sort of stuff in Amsterdam already , Baz!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can see I have got you that excited Nigel, you are haveing problems getting your words out.
The project my lad is working on, he took it over to the States last year, When it takes off it will be a winner. But that is something different to what I am talking about.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

See what you mean Baz, absolute gibberish!

I will have another go -

"Dont they bake that sort of stuff in Amsterdam already, Baz"

It wasn't very funny anyway.

R

Robert Woods 1

I prefere my fishing bread cut in half, buttered, add sliced meat with pickles...!!!

Bob.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i once had the crazy idea of making dyed
bread for chub fishing , i even brought a
secondhand morphy richards bread maker,it
didn't have any instructions so i had to downloaded a instruction book from there web site.my intention was to make the dough
and add vegetable dye; red , yellow etc
but i got sent on a pc technicians course
never really got the chance to try it out
maybe latter in the year!now i've readthe article i have a basic recipe to work with

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks chavender,
For years, I suppose like a lot of people, I just thought of bread as being bread, and good it is too in its shop bought form. I have added flavour to mash and liquidised, or even sprayed a slice for the hook.
The lad is away down south for a week at the moment. When he gets back I will ask him to give us a bit more information on the tricks of the trade. In the meantime, if anybody wants to know anything in particular, post it on here, and I will get him to give us the answers if possible.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nigel,
I just worked out the Amsterdam question.
slow but I got there in the end.

B

BROTHER MEL

Baz, there is the perfect job for you and your mate in the Angling Times the EA in your area want Bailiffs and it Pays ?6.50 an hour, all that covet work real tree cammo at night .