Kia Oro, Cullomptom

sagalout

Reaction score
Anyone fished here? Is it worth the 40mile drive from Torquay? I've got visitors this week and thought I might try somewhere different with them.

slime monster

Reaction score
Andy I have fished it a couple of times , two ponds easy fishing with a variety of species but and it is a big but the lower larger pond is solid with Ducks that are a real pest ..one large brown species there trys to eat the roach as you bring them in, had good Bream to 6lb on the higher pond shortly after Exeter angling club took it on. ........ps it is a long uphill walk back to car park.

better still mate in that area you have Goodiford mill ,same distance and a 7 acre lake Rammed with fish , me and dave did 200lb there without catching one Carp ,Bream and Tench

that is where I would go

http://www.goodifordmillleisure.co.uk/

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
Cheers for that Dave, it's just that if I enjoyed Kia Ora I can join Exeter club for £36 per year, that's a lot cheaper than 6/7/8 pound a day.

slb

Reaction score
It is pretty good fishing and a nice surroundings, but a serious walk as Dave said.
Great on the method feeder in the open swims on the carp lake, also good on the pole for fishing up to the cages or islands.

sagalout

Reaction score
Thanks Steve. We didn't go there in the end, we fished Wapperwell instead, and a good day on the pole for the tench and carp. I will try Kia Ora at sometime, probably in the winter when nothing else is producing.