Warickshire Avon

Mick Coleman

Reaction score
Warwickshire Avon

Gents

Will be holidaying in the Stratford Upon Avon area this September and have been given permission by 'she who must be obeyed' to pack my Barbel rods.

Would any of you be able to point me in the right direction of the best stretch to catch a few Barbel.
I might add that I am a member of the BAA.

Many thanks
Mick

Last edited:

river_banksy

Reaction score
Only fished it once mick but i can vouch for harvington weir at anchor meadow, me and a few mates fished there in july and had a load of barbel and chub.

quickcedo

Reaction score
A bit of a drive from Stratford to Evesham but, the triple x stretch if you after bigger than average fish is def worth a look. Details from the tackle shop in Evesham (no fancy web site) I've had 16 doubles to 12lb 14oz and know fish to 14lb 8oz have come out recently. Not the most prolific stretch for numbers, expect 1 or 2 fish per day but usually worth the wait.

Keith Jobling

Reaction score
The weirs at Lucy's Mill in Stratford are worth a look.

It's Leamington Angling Association water (index3) but day tickets can be bought on the bank from the bailiff.

Good Luck.

Mick Coleman

Reaction score
A bit of a drive from Stratford to Evesham but, the triple x stretch if you after bigger than average fish is def worth a look. Details from the tackle shop in Evesham (no fancy web site) I've had 16 doubles to 12lb 14oz and know fish to 14lb 8oz have come out recently. Not the most prolific stretch for numbers, expect 1 or 2 fish per day but usually worth the wait.

Mark

Have you anymore details regarding the Tackle Shop at Evesham
ie name/address / postcode ?

Cheers
Mick

quickcedo

Reaction score
The bait box
122 High St
Evesham
WR11 4EJ
Tel. 01386442955.
Hope this helps, have a good holiday. Mark

The Piker

Reaction score
If you get down to Evesham go to Marlcliff and Cleve Prior these can produce some nice barbel..

Whats more the are lightly fished..

I wish you well on your trip...

Mick Coleman

Reaction score
Many thanks for all your suggestions.

I find it really exciting fishing and exploring a 'new' river for the first time.

However its always nice to know that the area your fishing can produce a decent fish or two.

Will post back my results after my hols.

Mick

jayh

Reaction score
when are you down this way Mick & how far time wise would you travel from Stratford? SWMBO permitting.

Mick Coleman

Reaction score
Vambo.

Arriving in the Stratford area Monday 13th and will have probably most of Monday and Tuesday solely for fishing pourposes. Don't mind how far I travel within reason.

Mick

Mick Coleman

Reaction score
Just back from my short stay in Stratford.

Managed to get out for 2 afternoons fishing which was very enjoyable despite the awful weather , never could stand wind and rain at the same time.

Managed to winkle out 1 Barbel 5 1/2 lb and 2 Chub 3-4 lb each.

Will return again when the weather looks kinder !!!

Mick