Charles Jardine ? Good at PR?

M

Mike Heylin

So Charles Jardine and the CA Campaign for Angling managed to get an assurance from Ben Bradshaw, Fisheries Minister, that ?angling will be exempt from the forthcoming Animal Welfare Bill?.

It is really good that Charles got that assurance it can only have come about because of the work done by the united angling bodies, which does not include CA!

I think that, if asked, even the Minister would have confirmed that the 'victory' for anglers was in some significant way attributable to the work David Bird & Bruno Broughton did at the House of Commons Select Committee hearings (and Bruno?s exhaustive lobbying of the key DEFRA officials a few weeks previously), my own briefing notes, Paul Knight's conversations with Richard Cowens at DEFRA, and probably several other actions by united angling bodies? members.

Certainly we did not bump into Charles or anyone else from CA while talking to the HoC committee or to officials from DEFRA. Perhaps he was there on another day?

P

Phil Hackett 2

Eh up Mike and Leon! what's brought you two to life on here?
Oh dear it's the plagiarising and just plain theft of work by CJ and the CA. Says it all really I think?

M

Mike Heylin

Hi Phil
I often look in but don't post much, only when CA and dear old Charlie really get up my nose.

Some of us spent all of Christmas working on responses to various things from government and for him now to be claiming some sort of responsiblity is an insult to those who work for nothing compared to his salary from CA.

He is busy writing garbage to all the local papers at the moment about cormorants, again claiming he gotr the result! He has managed to stir a hornets nest in the south west between anglers and conservationists, which is based on his misreading of the situation and lack of understanding about what has been acheived and by whom.

IMO the sooner CA goes broke the better for angling.

Wearyone

Reaction score
You have to give him credit(CJ)
...for he does like taking it.

Talking of garbage, did anyone listen to Talk Sport this morning?
K.A. recons that cormorants at Kielder Water do a daily round trip (about 210km) to feast on the Wear dace at Chester le Street. Apparently totally ignoring the dace and other small fish in the Tyne
(recent new record match weight of over 62lb of dace) and the many still waters on their way.

The poor things must spend their entire life's on the wing.

M

MaNick

At last!.... someone else who feels that the CA should NOT be the voice for ANGLING!!!!!!!

I agree with Mike!...

"IMO the sooner CA goes broke the better for angling."