A good day spoiled

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I simply had to get out and catch something t'other day.I didn't have long so I charged off to my nearest commercial. Decent spot and a few fish including a carp of around 12-13lb which is exceptional for this place.Ordinarily I'd have been well pleased.

But my day was spoiled by the antics of the other anglers on the lake.There were 6 blokes...4 of whom I guessed to be Turkish.These blokes spent all the afternoon either yelling across the lake at each other or yelling at their phones.They all had short spinning rods fishing what I can only describe as sea floats with a huge chunk of bread set about 10 foot below the float.The lake is nowhere more than 6 foot so the bread floated and several carp succumbed. All were unceremoniously hauled out and left to bounce around on the ground. Not a mat in sight and floating baits are banned in any case. Were they challenged ? No. Did they have a licence ? I doubt it. Was I happy when they cleared off ? Yes.

Except that now I could hear the only other two on the lake who despite fishing side by side found it necessary to shout at each other constantly with every 3rd word being f*****g. At one point one of them phoned home

"I'll be f****n home in about a f***n hour...wos for f****n tea ?"

I was glad when they went too. ...and very glad I didn't take my lad with me.

I am no prude but I was absolutely appalled by this behaviour. Should kids be exposed to this sort of stuff ? I dont fish commercials often but I was really quite shocked.If this is the image the general public gets of anglers [I hope it isn't] then we really have a problem.

Yes I know I should have said something but I really didn't fancy taking on 4 Turks who like most Turkish people I've ever met seemed to have been born angry and got angrier.

Study to be quiet.

Skippy

Last edited:

rains

Reaction score
I know the feeling i was fishing the other day and i think they where serbs count your self lucky i had 3 of them jumping in and swimming in my local they where making that much noise ect i wanted to go over there and kick them up and down the bank and am not a violent person i give up with today's generation and of rant aaaaaaaaaaah lol

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
At this rate I will run out of waters to fish locally. I stopped going to another because I got so fed up with idiots in burberry caps shouting & swearing. I did wonder why [having grown up a coarse angler] that over the last few years in particular I have done less and less coarse fishing and more and more game fishing. The sort of angler you meet has got a lot to do with it I think.I dont get so much fishing time that I want to spend any of it in the company of such foul mouthed yobbos.

That's not meant to sound snobbish,its just an observation.On the whole you just dont encounter idiots when game fishing. You do meet the odd supercilious ****...but they are nowhere near as crass as the morons I seem to find on my local coarse waters.

blankmeister

Reaction score
The fisheries manager should really be on top of this but I suppose so long as these ar$eholes have paid their day ticket that's all they're worried about. Short term greed:mad: Eventually serious anglers like you will have voted with their feet, and any decent fish will have been stolen or killed....end of fishery:mad::mad:
I think we're fairly lucky round here, most commercials are well run. I can't see Ian Heaps putting up with this sort of behaviour!!

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
They probably think the same of us when we turn up in there Kebab Shop, Pished, and Shout ........ GEE UZ A DONNA MATE and scratch our Nuts

rains

Reaction score
They probably think the same of us when we turn up in there Kebab Shop, Pished, and Shout ........ GEE UZ A DONNA MATE and scratch our Nuts
lmao might do in there with me piking gear and take one of them out ninja stlye with my Big S so the head

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
You get yobbos on the river too mucking up your swim.

jeff-woody-albums-strange-things-seen-whilst-fishing-picture1692-my-swim-3.jpg

:D :D

tortoise100

Reaction score
ummm kebabs sounds like you need to try one it does help if you have a few drinks so you don't feel guilty about the fat content.
My recommendation would be to say only a tiny bit when asked if you want chilly sauce and to have garlic mayo as well as all the salad but no onions .
Not that I am an expert but if you don't say no onions sometimes half the salad is onions.
Oh and any you don't eat should not be left out over night as the fat solidifies and they can look white and horrible the next day bit like other things that can happen after a night out on the lash.
Chicken kebabs are the healthy guilt free option.

slime monster

Reaction score
Well today I sought peace and quiet behind the locked gates of Rackerhays ..our main club water complex, ....I chose a swim on the causeway between two lakes peaceful enough save for the odd bit of head turning to chat to fellow club members on route to there chosen spot . once set up I was about to pour the coffee and have a fag when....THEY arrived , they being two coaches of people with their children , the party was mixed race and no one had fishing tackle with them . they made their way noisily past me to the next pond about 30 yards away and it was then I noticed other people there awaiting them so I went over and enquired what was happening ,turned out these people lived in urban areas and had no transport so a scheme got them out in the rural bits ....fair play I will buy that good luck to them .
as I returned to my so far unfished peg The chatter behind me faded enough for me to hear the bloke with girlfriend and a mate pile driving in the next peg this went on for ten minutes all in aid of putting a small bivvie up. he then sent the anchor of the bismark straight over my waggler line into the next peg .....we had words ,lets leave it at that
and then the Digger and dumper turned up in the car park throw a Rugby match across the other side of the lake into the day ........I have had better days!

sagalout

Reaction score
Slime me old mate, you wanna retire and fish mid-week, I often have waters to meself :D.