Is This The One?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Have we got our act together at last. Is this the organisation that is going to take us into the 21st century with a powerful voice everywhere it matters?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
This seems to be a step in the right direction although it is far too early to make any predictions or assessments.

It will however be very interesting to watch how this embryo organisation develops, especially on the 'slippery-slope' question of funding.

It will also be intreguing to see how these relatively disparate groups will be able to 'bond' in a common cause.

I do agree with Ron thoughas I would have liked to have seen the ACA included.

M

Mike Heylin

ACA chose not be be part of the new organisation. They had previously left both NAA and the Moran Committee.

It is for every group to decide where their members' best interests lie.

FACT hopes to build strong working relationships with both ACA and IFM.

woody

Very Elderly Member
Banned
Reaction score
Great news. Thumbs up from me and good luck to them.

Glad to see you're in there Mike. Are you going to the NAFAC seminars in Wheatley in February?

I can understand why the ACA are not members. It is not for them to direct the business of fishing and perhaps this is where they have been going wrong in the past, one member in particular. Their job is to prosecute pollutors on behalf of the angler's clubs and the angling bodies.

M

matthew nightingale 2

I agree with regards the ACA; their role is to maintain clean water for all anglers; something that is probably best pursued separately from any lobby group.

S

snotman

At least this new body has "Conservation" in its title which is very wise. Whether this body will unite angling remains to be seen, but I sincerely hope it does, and not before time!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
God, let me on to a sensible thread.

FACT is we can hope and without initiatives like this we've got no hope. I say good luck to them and let's do all we can to encourage it.

M

Mike Heylin

Hi Jeff

Yes I will be there supporting TFCC and NAFAC. Looks like a good day with some interesting speakers.

Tickets still available lads from John Ellis at BW - only ?10.00, lunch included.

Mike

B

Bill Cox

We really need this to work. I for one will be supporting it in any way i can.

B

BROTHER MEL

I'll support anything that is in the interest of the Angler on the whole, lets wish them well instead of commenting before we have seen what they intend to do leave your judgement for 12 months see what has been done then if you are not happy the put it in writting to Lord Moran .

J

john conway

I'm also with Graham on this one, and like Bill says we really need this to work. Could also be good timing just before the election?

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
It is about time we had something like this and all anglers should back it. It shouldn't matter what kind of angler you are, or if your from the north or the south, because with an estimated 3 million + anglers we should have a powerfull voice when it comes to our sport and the environment. Its about time we stood up to be counted instead of letting the RSPB walk all over us with cormorant propoganda, and clearing anglers off lakes ect. If this group takes off like i hope it will, i think the antis may be run out of town.

B

Big Rik

it's not just a case of wanting it to work, we NEED this or something like it, or else angling will forever be playing catch-up to the anti's who have already established their organisational structure.

woody

Very Elderly Member
Banned
Reaction score
I think this could be the last ditch saloon.

If this doesn't work, eg: some org throws it's rattle out of the pram, then I can't us having another crack fro soem years to come. And THAT might be too late.

Just hope people don't confuse the acronym FACT as the "Federation Against Carp Theft". (similar to two other organisations representing Software and now there's one for film or something very similar)

S

swordsy

Its time to put individual ego's to bed and move forward before it is too late!

Lets not try to kid anyone, we have a lot of catching up to do on the lobbying and politically active fronts when compared with our enemies.

chubber

Reaction score
It's only going to work if the different groups within it don't use it to promote their own interests which has happened too often in the past but keep their focus on the important issues relevant to todays anglers and the good of angling in general.
I wish them luck.