Bait flavours

• Thread starter The Seeker of Truth & Justice
  • Start date
T

The Seeker of Truth & Justice

Is there anybody else out there who thinks like me that a lot of what you read about baits and flavours is the biggest load of bollox there is?
I'm not saying that all baits and flavours are rubbish and that they never work, but there are thousans of them and they cant all be brilliant can they, like what is claimed all the time.
Is it me or are we being conned most of the time?

R

Rob Brownfield

I tend to go for the simple baits on the waters I fish. The amount of times I have been told that only a certain flavour/bait make/colour of bait will work is unbelievable. I usually winkle out a few fish on plain old Trout Pellet boillies. I dont bother with flavours at firt, but if i feel i need a change, I will add a flavour, normally Peach Melba...or change the base mix slightly by adding a couple of ounces of another poder, maybe milk powder, maybe another type of fishmeal, maybe a seed mix.

I think a lot of these "enzyme" or pre digested ingredients are not fully understood by the average carp angler, and although maybe not doing any harm, they are also not doing any good in a bait.

I guess a lot is confidence...and I do think Strawberry, Scopex, Tutti Frutti and Peach Melba are all time classics....but as for adding a gramme of this and a pinch of that....nahhhh...dont bother with it.