grand union canal

laurence journet

Reaction score
dear all,
my friend has just moved house to norwood green near southall, he has the canal 10 yards from his front door, what might he catch and what baits would work at this time of the year,
cheers laurence,

woody

Very Elderly Member
Banned
Reaction score
Join Hayes and Harlington club for a nice bit of fishing in Stoke Poges Country Club!!!

Never fished it Laurence, but I'd try hemp and casters at this time of year.

S

stuart palfrey

If he has any encounters with zander could you please let me know.I love to fish for these and promise they will come to no harm.. .

laurence journet

Reaction score
as soon as it warms up a little we will have a go and let you know how we get on,
cheers all,
laurence,

Wayne Duffin 3

Reaction score
Laurence i fish that stretch all the time. The bait's i use there at this time of year are pinkie and squatt for the roach and perch, chopped worm for the bigger perch and bream that have a tendencie to show up even at this time of year and they go to about 4lb but they show up better where the paddington stretch joins the canal at bulls bridge under the house boat's. Another bait that i use when i go there is either punched bread and a little hemp or caster and hemp they all have their day down there. If you want some predator fishing then the stretch that runs from hayes town down to bull's bridge is a good starting point as i have seen them coming out up to 13lb and i have seen some much bigger one's in there as well. Just a word of warning if you do fish worm and caster opposite the house boat's you might be better of beefing up your tackle as there are some big carp around there and they go to 30lb. Ihave not had one out as yet but if you go down there during the summer months you will see them on the surface.

laurence journet

Reaction score
dear all,
fished under the bridge by the lamb pub for about 4 hours 5pm till 9pm and had 7 perch 3 bream biggest was 4lb plus,
im told their are plenty of carp being caught nearby, has anyone caught any in that area?
cheers laurence,

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I dont fish the Grand union there but further up near Hemel..

I did well for the carp ealier this season fishing the near shelf at last knockings with float fished corn & pellet fished hard on the bottom over a bed of hemp,corn & mixed pellet.

You need to be quiet and fish adjacent to any reeds if you can.