Return to the fold

chubber

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I was a member of this forum (frank curtis)up to a couple of years ago. It's good to see some of the old names still on here especially Cakey.
I used to live in Walthamstow, North London but have now moved to Sheringham on the North Norfolk coast and the fishing here is brilliant with so many estate lakes, commercial fisheries and of course the beautiful Wensum.
I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions once again so I'd better start browsing through the threads.

J

john conway

Welcome back Chubber, how about posting a few Venue Reports on the Wensum?

chubber

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome John.
Regarding the Wensum nearly all my fishing on that river has been at the Swanton Morley fishery which is a stretch of about 3/4 of a mile. It's not an easy stretch of river to fish as the average depth is only about 3 feet and I'm still learning where the best swims are but I'm gradually getting there.
Over the past couple of weeks it's fined down quite a bit and some nice roach and chub are being caught mostly on maggot, caster or bread and with the occassional nice perch being taken on worm. Unfortunately at this time of year the lack of weed cover for the fish means that with the clear water you have to fish near to or under any bushes to winkle out the bigger fish and also be prepared to fish at greater distances than during the summer months which is when this stretch of the Wensum seems to fish at its best.
I haven't fished it this past week but the next time I go I'll let you know how I got on.