Wintle's World

R

Rodney Wrestt

Excellent piece Mark, this is the type of fishing I did for years, althought he water wasn't as shallow as your swim and it wasn't under match conditions. The fish feeding in such shallow water is always surprising and most would reach for the pole but then there's the clarity which means they spook at the tip going over them and the splash of a waggler can put them off if not done correctly.

I think my first choice would inevitably be a small stick or (as you used) waggler float and the same feeding method you used with some hemp added. It also proves the point that we somtimes reduce our efficency and effectiveness when we give ourselves too many options with a pole / whip, float rod and quiver tip.

Look forward to the next article, keep 'em coming.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Well done Mark.

An excellent piece of descriptive writing.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I really enjoyed reading that Mark. Well done for the writing and the match result.

I'd love to see a picture of the swim at the level you fished it.

chubber

Reaction score
A great article Mark. I've had a few pegs like that which have produced the goods.
Well done mate.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I regret not taking a picture or three on the day as the tide and level was very low. Since then the tide has usually been higher and there has been more water in the river. It's not the first time I've won matches from very shallow swims.