Theft of tackle from sheds and garages

G

Gray Lucas

I am sure that many of you out there like myself have lost gear to low life scum who break into sheds and garages.These people don't want to take up angling they just want a quick buck(for drugs probably).
But due to pressure from angling groups and the police the second hand stores and junk shops in my area no longer buy or sell fishing gear without rock solid proof of ownership.This has caused a marked decrease in this type of theft as the culprits have no nowhere to get rid of their ill gotten gains.I hope that this attitude spreads to other areas and other forms of easily offloaded property.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do so too Gray.
I once spoke to a bloke on the canal, he was useing a Harrison match rod. He said he was really chuffed because he only paid ?5 for it from a car boot sale. It is up to every angler in the country not to buy these kind of bargains. But in all honesty,I don't think there would be many who would pass it up.

L

Les Clark

There is no way that I would leave my gear in a shed ,easy target ,plus may be harder to insure ?

Nick A

Reaction score
Same here!...

But, lets face it, Car boot sales, free adds, all those kind of things are going to make it easier for people to offload stolen goods, isn't it?..

Annoyingly, for me, is that the stuff gets sold on for money for other purposes. I had the back of my car broken into, and some amplifiers and disc changer nicked. I'd spent hours installing the stuff, i'd have rather just given the wXanker that knicked it ?50 than gone through the hassle of replacing it!...

THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WANT A LOAD OF CRACKHEADS TURNING UP ROUND MY HOUSE ASKING FOR CASH!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Steve May

Mentioned this before under a similar topic,It's worth repeating as it really is that good.www.intechdes.com look up S.A.M under products.I've got one protecting my tackle(fishing),complete confidence in it.

G

Gray Lucas

I totaly agree Les

My shed is in fact brick built,formaly a coalhouse with quite a substantial door and lock.They had probably seen me unloading the gear from the car so thought it worthwhile forcing the door.I also padlock my side gate but they came through next doors garden via a six foot fence which they flattened.Insurance paid up but thats not the piont.

Ergo

Reaction score
In order to protect my fishing tackle, I keep it in one of our spare rooms. I totted up the value of my pole gear the other day and it came to ?5000.00, god knows what wound happen if I did my rods etc as well. These scum bags are welcome to try nad break into my shed which has apart from the usual gardening stuff in it a second set of golf clubs, about ?500.00. Of course they could get in by scaling the walls around my property, but how would they get back over with a Doberman a Border Collie and a Jack Russel hanging on their legs. They may beat the Doberman but that Jack Russel won't let go. My other two dogs keep out of the way when she goes off on one.