Tsunami Appeal

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Andy Thatcher says,

"The posters of BFW decided to have a fish in for the Tsunami Victims after the dreadful events of Boxing Day and as good ideas do this has blossomed into a raffle.

Although I should not be I have been amazed at the generosity of people I have to admit that I am and we have an ever increasing amount of prizes from companies such as RMC, Harrison, Anglers Mail, Wychwood, Improve Your Coarse Fishing, Dynamite. Not only that but also guided trips out with Neil Wayte and I have bent the arm of a few others as well.

There are others prizes in the pipeline that will be announced as and when we can confirm them. Of course we would be happy to receive any more kind donations.

What do your posters have to do to have the chance to win one of these fantastic prizes ?

Simple pop along to the BFW Shop and buy a Raffle Ticket for ?5.20.

In this case though it is not about the winning, though the prizes are rather good, but about the contributing to the effort in helping those that need it most. As a result all the proceeds from the BFW Raffle will be handed over to the Disaster Emergency Committee.

As Anglers we only occasionally get the chance to make a real difference, please help us to make that difference."

All proceeds go to the Disaster Emergency Committee in aid of the Asian Tsunami Appeal.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's good to see anglers getting involved in supporting these people.

A

Andy Thatcher 1

Thankyou Graham !

?250 raised in the first 24 hours.

Matthew harvey

Reaction score
If any of you guys wish to take part in the Thames Tsunami appeal fish-in please email me at mattharvey1@hotmail.com - I will include your details on the group email list with all the details nearer the time - suffice to say it will be held somewhere between Kingston and Walton.

The event takes place from late afternoon on Friday 11th Feb through to Saturday morning (12th feb) - registration is ?5 and all proceeds go to the Tsunami appeal - however if you mange to catch a barbel then we ask for the donation of the weight of the barbel in sterling. It will also cost you a pound for each bream caught and miscellaneous fish caught ....

All the best

Matt

A

Andy Thatcher 1

Alternatively if you are of a more Western persuasion there is one on the Bristol Avon on the same dates.

A

Andy Thatcher 1

The Barbel Society are offering their not inconsiderable support to our efforts by way of providing their fantastic Sutton Fishery on the Trent.

So if you are free on the weekend of the 26th/27th February pop along to the BFW Shop and buy yourself a ticket and I will see you there.