Fishing in Ireland

Wayne Duffin 3

Reaction score
I want to go to Ireland for some fishing after the Bream and pike during the summer and i was wondering if any one can help me out. Basically i need to know if there are any web-sites i could go on to to find out about making bookings and accomadation. Also where would be the best places to try for both of my targets

D

david bruce 1

Wayne
Just be warned, donot expect the bream fishing to be what it was. Certainy not in the Monaghan area. Reports in the last three years from relatives who have regularly fished the Monaghan region for over 30 years are that the bream are now difficult to find (even with local knowledge) and heavy prebaiting over several days no longer brings them into the area. Guest house owners are now directing parties of visitors to more reliable roach waters for pole fishing. Bagging up on 3-4 oz roach - good sport of its type.

Wayne Duffin 3

Reaction score
I have ordered a brochure from angler's world hopefully it will have some place's inthere that still give's up the net's of bream that i am told about from people that used to go there. I am looking to go northern ireland so if anyone has any place's that they know of would you be able to point me in the right direction. It is the first time of me going over there and i will need as much help as possible as to where to head to any help will would be great.

F

fergal mc gorman

im from belfast and i fish for pike. i used to fish lough beg for pike and it was great for them until many of the pike started to die, but it seems only the pike were affected. the river bann, which runs through lough beg, is one of the best roach/bream hybrid spots known in ireland. any tackle shop over here will sell a bann systems licence and you'll need a cfb licence too. new ferry and toome are places to look out for when sorting you trip

C

Colin North, the one and only

Wayne, If you want bream fishing, perhaps you should consider Denmark. Silkeborg, or however it is spelt, is right in the middle of some top class bream fishing. Most Danes speak perfect English, so you wouldn't have a language/communications problem. The Ferry from Parkstone Quay (Harwich) takes about 18 hours to cross to Esberg (I don't think that's how you spell it but that's how it is pronounced) and it's about half a days drive across the Country to get to the fishing.