Carbelling

S

swordsy

Before I say anything else the braid hooklength is fox mega-silk not magic, for some reason I keep calling it magic.......dullard!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I can understand why you keep calling everything magic.......

I've just sorted that typo in the article.

By the way, I've had three emails already from the Barbel Police. Warrants are out for you for writing it and me for publishing it.

I told them to 'go away' and get a life.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

And here's me. Just bought a new Barbour Jacket, Tattersall Shirt and green wellies with side straps.

I'll be getting me old creel out as well as me Mk IV and centre-pin.

I've got the ideal hat of course.

Then it's down to The Trent to seriously admonish the carbellers. It certainly isn't cricket what?

Look out Lee.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As you may know, my style of river fishing is with a quiver tip.
But there have been a number of articles recently on fishing the Trent, and I did begin to think that carbelling would be the way forward on this mighty river, as most people mention how fast it can be.
I don't think my set up would be very good at all.
It is a great article you have just done Lee, and it was very thoughtfull towards other peoples styles. I might just become a converet, if I ever get down there.

S

sash

Good read that Lee.

That's the nice thing though Baz, you can use any style you like and catch on the Trent and don't you believe a word of what that Clay says, he knows how to catch on there!

S

snotman

Lee. What an excellent and informative article, great reading, especially as I'm hoping to give the Trent a go this summer myself for specimens having not fished it for many years. Your enthusiasm is very obvious, well deserved catch that! Ian

MarT

Reaction score
Eh...not bad for a s/yorks TarT :p

Seriously though well done Lee on a good sesh...and a damn good read too!
Must get myself down to the Trent again...its only 5 miles from me.

S

swordsy

Any time you fancy a session for barbel drop me an email and we can sort something out! :O)