6lb Krystonite

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Does anybody out there know when the 150m spools of 6lb Krystonite are going to hit the shops?

I have a desparate need to use it for Chub before the end of the season then Tench after that.

J

jason fisher

when is any 6lb krystonite goign to hit the shops and where will i be able to buy it.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i read this thread last week and when i was in a local(12 miles away)tackle shop i
asked and they said that they only stock the 8lb & 10lb Krystonite but they said they would order some if i wanted.it might
be worth trying them out.they might be able
help,i think they even do mailorder

nathans of derby
9-19 edgeware rd
mackworth
derby
de22 4ew

tel:01332 515353
e-mail:nathans@rapidial.co.uk

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Spoken to Kryston and 6lb Krystonite 150m spools will be available in approx 6 to 7 weeks.

Auscarp

Reaction score
Aussie Fisher

Hi Everyone this is my first post, I liked the site so joined it, I look forward to coversations with some of you.
Please can anyone tell me what is so special about Krystonite fishing Line, cant say that I have seen it here in Aussie. Cheers Mike.

J

jason fisher

it's a nice line, copolymer core coated in fluorocarbon.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The 6lb is worth waiting for, I've had a spool on test for a few months now. It's just a pity it wasn't out in time for the winter chubbing season.

J

jason fisher

git, go on rub it in mr smartypants i'm in the trade so i get all the good stuff first and for free marsden.

Auscarp

Reaction score
Thanks Jason & Graham for the reply,I expect this line is a nice soft line to tie, with minimal stretch, would that be a fair assumption??
Mike.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I've just got back from a week's Chubbing on the Loddon and Kennet and really wished for the 6lb Krystonite. I asked in every shop but none of them knew anything.

Oh well - it'll hopefully arrive in time for some Tenching.

Mike,
It's very limp so it behaves on the reel and is probably less detectable as a hooklink.

It's part flouro-carbon so is supposedly less visible (I've caught more fish in clear water conditions this year since using it)

It's heavy so it's easier to pin to the bottom.

It's reliable unlike other flouros I've tried. I've had a whole season of Barbelling on it without replacing it.

It's a slightly finer diameter than most of the competition.

Auscarp

Reaction score
Hi Matt,
Tell you what!! You just cant beat a nice supple line that sits on the reel nice without springing up off the spool.
It always ties nice and pulls the knots up tight,and always presents well.
I will be looking for it here in Adelaide, so I can give it a try, does it have a brand name other than Krystonite??
Thanks mate.
Mike.

T

The Monk

Welcome aboard Auscarp, nice to see someone else promoting cyprinidae in the big island down below!

Auscarp

Reaction score
Hi The Monk,
Thankyou for the welcome, i'm happy to oblige,well we have plenty of them here mate, we just deal with them differently to u guys in the Uk, BUT!!! we still catch them and enjoy the fight.
Cheers Mike.

T

The Surgeon

Superman uses it - as he does Teri Hatcher
I want some!

Peter West

Reaction score
Hi All. Only live about 3 miles from Kryston warehouse, phoned them to see if i could come and purchase some of them, no chance all i got was go to your local tackle shop.

Auscarp

Reaction score
Hi Peter
That was sad after going to all that trouble? But!!! remember the poor old Tackle dealer has to make a Quid ($) you know, very convienient for you though if it had worked out Ok, I cant wait to get some here in Aussie, sound like great line to me especially 6lb, thats about all I use anyhow these days even on big Carp (More Fun)??
Cheers Mike.