Oval Brollies

D

Dai Gribble

I'm after an Oval Brollie and would like views on which one to go for as they all seem pretty similar but with widely differing price tags.

R

Rob Brownfield

I have the Nash Profile. Seems good...solid. Had a few problems with stitching on the side flaps though. The Slippery Eel material is very waterproof!!
Its easy to put up and not too heavy. Needs storm rods though...so remember to buy them as well.

A

Andy Thatcher

I bought the Hutchy Oval and was very happy with it until the centre cap split and water poured over me. So I had a Hutchy Oval but have a Fox Evolution Bivvy. The Evo is excellent. Graham has a full write up on the Evo Brolly in the review section somewhere.

D

David Will

Dai I have a Fox Evolution , pricey but brilliant. Knocks spots of my previous , a Nash Profile.

M

Marker

hmmmm 3 different replies as to which oval to go for,well i think i'll confuse matters even more,by recommending the aqua brolly.handmade in england,and by far the best quality brolly on the market at the moment.their not cheap,at 140 for a 50in and 160 for a 60in,but the best never is.
regards mark

R

Rob Brownfield

Mark, I have one of the Original Aquabivvies...best thing I have ever bought. Still going strong 8 years later!!! I have not had a single problem with it. I did not know they did brollies as well...

M

Marker

yes rob they do,i bought the 60in version a few months ago,they are superb.
my mate has an old aqua bivvy,it has a machined ally block as the centrepiece,into which his ally poles fit,he's had it since 1994,and his is still in superb condition as well.
their gear is certainly built to last!
regards mark.

J

Jake Lewis

Go for the Aqua. Top of the range. Similar but far superior to the Nash Profile which has the worst stitching known to man.

D

Dai Gribble

Can anyone confirm whether the Trakker Big Z is the Aqua Brolly sold under a different name. My local shop insists it is!

J

Jake Lewis

No, It's not the same brolly. It's made by Aqua but ,as far as I know, to a slightly different design and different specs.

Somebody said to me that when it rains the rain pours over the doorway, and lands on the groundsheet if the door is open instead of running down the back of the brolly. I'm not sure about the Aqua, but I know this doesn't happen with the Nash Profile.

Regards, Jake.

R

Rob Brownfield

I thought I was the only one with dodgy stitching on a Profile.

As for the Aquabivvie...the dogd doo da's in every way. I think mine is one of the original originals...with added storm porch. The poles are alloy but the block is a tough plastic. I love it.

T

Tom Craven

Nash Oval with wings but proof it with Thompsons sealer or...
Aqua Products 50" with wings.

Both ace!!

M

Marker

the trakker big z is actually a bivvy not a brolly.the leaky door is on the armadillo bivvy,and can be cured by adding the optional winter skin.the aqua brolly,is just an oval brolly with built-in sides,main difference between aqua brolly and nash profile,is that two of the aquas ribs are extended,so there are actually 4 ribs touching the ground.this makes it more stable.also,were the profiles cover is just stapled to the ribs,the aquas are rivoted!...well stronger!.the aquas stitching doesn't come undone either,and it doesn't leak,down the centre-pole or anywere else!.
regards mark

J

Jake Lewis

I stand corrected.The leaky door was definitely on the Trakker brolly system though,(which is made by Aqua I believe.)

Cheers, Jake.

harry hayward

Reaction score
i just bought a second hand chub oval for 25 quid, what a bargain, each of the storm poles has two locking screws, one of which was missing, could anybody let me know if i can get a new replacement for it. also it doesnt have a groundsheet, is there one available, cheers