Rod question

Lee Rogers

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have been watching a lot of the pike fishing on sky lately and would really like to try it. I own a e.s.p carp tracer rod thats got a 2.25lb test curve, would this be ok to use for pike fishing. It would be used for river fishing if that makes any difference?

I would be grateful for any advise you have.

Nick A

Reaction score
Lee, I dont the rod personally, but a lot of the time a rod is called a "carp" rod purely because that is the market it is intended to capture.

Thinking about it, if the test curve and the action suit, you can use a "named" rod for any purpose!

If i just wanted to try a bit of piking, then i wouldn't hesitate in giving such a rod a try!...

It's worth saying at this point, i would suggest you have a look around for as much information as possible on piking in general. Unfortunately PIKE are not as hardy as some people would like to think, and they can be easily damaged if handled badly. I would think the predator section on here would be full of tips!

Hope my ramblings have been of some help.
Nick

Lee Rogers

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise nick, I have since looked at the predator section and have found lots of useful info.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I have the ESP Carp tracers in 2.75Ib and use them for my pike fishing. Yours should be fine for the river as you do not need to cast to far like some stillwaters.